Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Pee DOES matter!!! >

Pee DOES matter!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pee DOES matter!!!

Old 09-27-2009, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default Pee DOES matter!!!

I have been preparing for this season like never before. Got my stands up one month prep time, food plots, etc. Right before I went out for the Ohio opener I read a big thread on a forum about mock scrapes and actually peeing in them. Well I made a mock scrape and pissed in it. I had four does come out and browse and a BIG mature doe stuck her nose right in my mock scrape became alerted and blew twice. She trotted 2 or three steps and slowly walked off!!

Here in Ohio Pee DOES matter!!! Never again will I go against my instinct for something I read on forums!
Old 09-27-2009, 06:24 AM
bigcountry

No doubt. Sure, you can fool immature does, you can even fool 2year old bucks. But its those big boys that are weary of everything.

Think of it this way. A year old doe is like trying to fool a 7 year old human. How hard would that be. A 2 year year old buck, like trying to fool a teenager. Trying to fool a 5 year old mature buck is like trying to fool a well seasoned hunter who has been lucky enough to survive many situations and has remembered them all. Until he loses his mind chasin tail for a few weeks out of the year. Which like humans, I have seen many a mature man fall into this trap and come out very wounded.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:31 AM
Typical Buck

That thread you read was probably rt. here. Hate to say it but "Told You So".lol

Dan
Old 09-27-2009, 06:58 AM
Spike

There are so many factors playing in that besides you urinating in it. I make mock scrapes all the time and pissed in them as well and never had a deer spook and the scrapes are a meer 15yds from my stand.
Were you sprayed down? were your boots scent free? how did you make the scrape? blah blah blah. Most likely your **** was thee only factor not played into it.
Remember when skunk pee was bottles and used, back in the days, that was the cover scent many ol' timers used along with others. That didn't spook deer and you would think it would because only time a skunk scented was when there was trouble so you would think it would alarm the deer, but it doesn't.
This topic can be beat to death and everyone will have their opinions from their own trials & run-ins.
Me, myself, I have had zero issues with this & I have been fortunate to have hunted many states & provinces.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never had much luck making mock scrapes, or scent trails or any of that stuff.... I find that I see and subsquently shoot more deer when I just let the deer do their thing and do my best to remain totally undetected. When I try to manipulate mother nature... I usually end up seeing nothing... when I blend into my surroundings and let things happen... it works better for me.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by SwampCollie
I've never had much luck making mock scrapes, or scent trails or any of that stuff.... I find that I see and subsquently shoot more deer when I just let the deer do their thing and do my best to remain totally undetected. When I try to manipulate mother nature... I usually end up seeing nothing... when I blend into my surroundings and let things happen... it works better for me.
EXACTLY how I see it. I will take a leak off my stand if the need arises though.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MathewsShooter30
I have been preparing for this season like never before. Got my stands up one month prep time, food plots, etc. Right before I went out for the Ohio opener I read a big thread on a forum about mock scrapes and actually peeing in them. Well I made a mock scrape and pissed in it. I had four does come out and browse and a BIG mature doe stuck her nose right in my mock scrape became alerted and blew twice. She trotted 2 or three steps and slowly walked off!!

Here in Ohio Pee DOES matter!!! Never again will I go against my instinct for something I read on forums!
thankyou, all this talk about peeing out of your stand and into scrapes is something i never really could understand???
Old 09-27-2009, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haha thats funny.... I don't understand how anyone can think that all pee is the same, degrades to all the same, yadayada ya. All aminimals use pee as communication, marking territories, sending bredding messages, ect every day..... For those that use this method it would be interesting to see if they've killed any big mature deer with these methods. I always here about it working and what not but never any pictures of these big mature deer they claim it works on. Old degraded human pee may not scare deer and "work" but how about that fresh stuff..... I think I'll save the real deer urine for my scrapes and my bottle in my pack . WCL
Old 09-27-2009, 08:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've killed a Brazilian deer in my life and I've never used anything to attract deer. I depend on scouting and trails. If I hunt land where they are feeders so be it, but deer are creatures of habit, learn the habit and you'll have a game in your feeders year round.
But then again, I'm probably a party pooper!! I don't buy fancy camo, I don't spend money on decoys, I don't by a new bow every year, I don't read all the hunting magazines, I just love to hunt.. Most of those things on the market are there to make sales, not make you a more successful hunter. BTW, I can afford all those things, I just choose not to buy them.

Last edited by The Rev; 09-27-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

I'm just glad I learned my lesson before I did it in my mature buck stands!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.