Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thunder Heads?

Old 09-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Spike

Default Thunder Heads?

I am shooting thunderhead 100gr and a 60 pound draw, I go to shoot my bow and the arrow takes a path of its own. Its crazy I have never had that happen but any suggestions? I am shooting 20 yards away and my shots are way off, I can see the arrow curve left in the air.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Start over. Take it to the shop and have them check it out. Something either moved, stretched or broke.
That is assuming you have shot this setup before. Meaning same poundage, arrows, etc...
Old 09-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Spike

This is a new bow, I went to Cabellas and they over tightened my draw weight and broke the mount to the limb. Its the same model and I had this set up last year, it must be the broadheads because I just shot the field tips and it was fine?????
Old 09-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Typical Buck

Could be an alignment problem with the BH. Spin the arrow with the BH mounted and make sure it spins perfectly.

Dan
Old 09-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Spike

Ya it spins perfect in my hands. Could it just be the type of broadhead itself.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

It ain't the broadheads, Thunderheads are some of the finest heads ever made...Something has changed about your bow setup...It could be several things...

Double check the draw weight and make sure the arrows are spined correctly...Did they increase the draw weight when the bow was fixed???Has the tiller changed???

After this, go back and make sure your rest and nock are in the same position...If you don't know how, take it to a pro shop and have them start from the beginning...
Old 09-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Spike

Tiller? Sorry kinda new at this. I took the broadhead off and put a fied tip and it shot fine. The draw weight is the same and the knock and rest align perfectly.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's what I'm trying to tell you, you have to adjust the nock and rest to the broadhead so they hit to the same poi as the field points...

Initial setup is like bore sighting a rifle, you still have to adjust to the ammo being used...
Old 09-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

That's what I'm trying to tell you, you have to adjust the nock and rest to the broadhead so they hit to the same poi as the field points...

Initial setup is like bore sighting a rifle, you still have to adjust to the ammo being used...
Well said.... and X2 on nchawkeye's assessment of Thunderheads.

Dan
Old 09-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its probably exactly what nchawkeye said. Your rest and nock probably need to be tweaked some until both the field points and broadheads are hitting the same spot. Ive shot Thunderheads for a looong time and its not the broadheads. My suggestion is take it to a local pro shop and have them check it.

http://www.pabucks.com/bowsetup.html

Originally Posted by nchawkeye

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.