Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Sportsman Channel >

Sportsman Channel

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sportsman Channel

Old 09-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default Sportsman Channel

I switched from Direct TV, which has the Outdoor Channel to local cable which has the sportman channel. Don't ever do that. Sportsman channel has the most boring hunting shows. They don't have The Crush,Whitetail Freaks,etc. They have hunting shows that play gay music in the back ground, while waiting for a buck to appear. Not entertaining at all.!!!!!
Old 09-25-2009, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

What # was the Outdoor Channel on Direct TV, we just switched to Direct TV this summer, and I dont think I get that channel.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:52 PM
Spike

ch. 606 on d-tv
Old 09-26-2009, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

I have Direct TV and my wife just called them and got me the outdoor channel. It was an extra 3 bucks a month. (no pun intended).

Call em up see if you can get it.

Wayne
Old 09-26-2009, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

dang i need too do that i got dtv and i get sportsman channel and pursuit channel but i always see they have really good ones on Outdoor channel but i cant watch them
Old 09-26-2009, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

Guys, Directv has all those channels. The Sportsman's channel is 605 on the line-up.

They are dropping Versus though. Which, quite frankly, I care nothing about. That channel always aired to much PBR and bicycling crap.

Here is the line-up:

603Versus carriage dispute slideVersus was removed on September 1, 2009. See Versus carriage dispute for more information.604Universal SportsChoiceSpecial carriage to cover the Vuelta a Espaņa and will be removed after September 30, 2009 per on screen guide605The Sportsman ChannelChoice Xtra606Outdoor ChannelSports Pack607SPEED
SPEED HDChoice Xtra
HD AccessSpeed On Demand on channel 1607608Pursuit ChannelChoice

The Pursuit channel rocks and Outdoor channel has always been good. I personnaly don't have any complaints about the Sportman channel though. It is a darn site better than Versus.

Oh, yes I have all these channels and it costs me about $75 a month. Worth it.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thnks for the input,I will call them and see if I can addit, as long as it only costs an extra $3 a month.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Versus doesn't have alot of hunting channels, but the shows they do have are in HD. There's nothing like seeing a BBD in HD.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sportsman's channels is ok. I find something on there from time to time. Just wish Verizon offered that in HD.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

Just shows that one man's meat is another man's poison. I get both the Sportsman Channel and the Outdoor Channel and find myself watching The Sportsman Channel more. It depends on what you like in a hunting show. The Outdoor Channel tends to show mostly slick, highly produced shows and the Sportsman Channel is more everyday, common man shows, which I tend to prefer. There are plenty of good shows on the Sportsman Channel. Give it a chance, you might be surprised.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.