Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Here I Sit

Old 09-25-2009, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up Here I Sit

Here I am sitting in a ladder stand reading the latest forum posts and waiting for a deer to pop out. Does it get any better than this? Besides seeing and shooting one of course. This is my first time to use a ladder stand and I like it. I usually use a climber. The owner of this land lease is letting me use it this weekend. I hunted the other side of this soy bean the past two Saturdays and all the deer were on this side. So here I am and nothing has come out so far.

Does anybody else surf the net while on stand?

Here i am and the field...that is if the pics attach correctly from my phone.

Reid
Old 09-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

Nothing personal, but you suck! lol. Must be nice to be on stand right now. And your pic didnt come thru.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

would you notice if you walked in ur house and there was a killer n there?would you stay? now why would the deer stay, they r in the soybean feilds now lol
Old 09-25-2009, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

lucky i aint got the techno for dat lol
Old 09-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man i wish i was in a stand right now, this post just made me really jealous
Old 09-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck,i also like ladderstands! I use a climber,but I do like my ladderstands,its nice to be able to just walk in and climb right up..Lockons are not for me,they feel unsafe..Good luck,our season opens in the morning in TN!
Old 09-26-2009, 03:56 AM
Fork Horn

Unhappy

Originally Posted by The Outdoorsman
Nothing personal, but you suck! lol. Must be nice to be on stand right now. And your pic didnt come thru.
Would it make you feel better if I told you that I didnt see any deer yesterday and that it is raining on me this morning?

Mike, I told my wife about our posts last night and she laughed...she said I cant make friends on the net either.
That was sad.

Reid
Old 09-26-2009, 04:43 AM
Fork Horn

Reid,

Good luck hunting. Sometimes the hardest thing for me is putting time in a stand for hours and hours and not seeing anything. Patience is the key. I do get bored just sitting their sometimes. Last year I texted out of my stand for the first time and it help me stay in the stand longer. An all day hunt in the stand is hard for me. I usually max out around 5 to 6 hours. This year I'm going to try and sit in my stand all day for the rut. I admire people who can do that. Thats where trail cameras help, if you know there is a big buck in the area your more apt to sit longer.

Dave
Old 09-26-2009, 05:52 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WARedBear

Does anybody else surf the net while on stand?

Reid
I got busted by a doe while sending a text to a friend last fall. Probably won't have it turned on this year because of it.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

One word.....Blackberry! I tend to doze off in the stand frequently, so my Blackberry keeps me occupied. I'll wake up at the slightest noise or every few minutes, but it gets so boring I'll doze off and not even realize it. I have a two man ladder stand but don't use it often, once in the past two years. But, I have to admit that it's great to just lounge out across that big seat when you need to stretch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.