HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Holy crap, my dad got the monster!! Pic's inside... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/304825-holy-crap-my-dad-got-monster-pics-inside.html)

pheasantfanatic 09-24-2009 07:36 PM

Holy crap, my dad got the monster!! Pic's inside...

Here is the deer that I posted awhile back that my dad got on video. He killed it tonight, and WOW, he is a monster!! He green-scored at 176 :kt:
These are just cell phone pics, but dad will have digitals when he gets home...

fingerz42 09-24-2009 07:41 PM

Wow, very nice. Did you post pictures of him prior to the season in a guess his score type thread? It would be nice to see how close some of us were.

Tell dad damn good job on the buck!

wingchaser_labs 09-24-2009 07:43 PM

A dandy. WCL

BOWHUNTER818 09-24-2009 07:45 PM

DADDY GOT HIM SELF A WALL HANGER!!!!, Great buck congrats to him cant wait to see the Digital photos...

-NICK

pheasantfanatic 09-24-2009 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by fingerz42 (Post 3453130)
Wow, very nice. Did you post pictures of him prior to the season in a guess his score type thread? It would be nice to see how close some of us were.

Tell dad damn good job on the buck!

Yes I did. We thought that he was an 8 pointer, and most of the guys guessed him at 150. But now that he is on the ground, you can see that he's a non-typical. He scored 176 :rock:

fingerz42 09-24-2009 07:48 PM

I just did a little searching and saw you did have a thread asking his score. It looks as if that deer is a main frame 9 (?) In the score thread you thought it was an 8 point so a bunch of guys underestimated his score thinking he was only an 8. Hell of a buck!

pheasantfanatic 09-24-2009 07:49 PM

Wish I would have had the chance to let the air out of him, instead of him taking a muzzleloader bullet :biggrin:

But I'm really happy for him. He earned this buck. He's spent a lot of time scouting him and figuring out how he was traveling, etc :)

pheasantfanatic 09-24-2009 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by fingerz42 (Post 3453143)
I just did a little searching and saw you did have a thread asking his score. It looks as if that deer is a main frame 9 (?) In the score thread you thought it was an 8 point so a bunch of guys underestimated his score thinking he was only an 8. Hell of a buck!

Yep, he's a 9 with junk

fingerz42 09-24-2009 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by pheasantfanatic (Post 3453144)
Wish I would have had the chance to let the air out of him, instead of him taking a muzzleloader bullet :biggrin:

But I'm really happy for him. He earned this buck. He's spent a lot of time scouting him and figuring out how he was traveling, etc :)

Hell yeah. A buck like that doesnt get big by being stupid. You guys definitely did your homework and it paid off. Now if I could only get fifth graders to do their homework.

stickler 09-24-2009 07:55 PM

Congrats to your dad. That is a tremendous animal!

Wayne