Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Chlorophyll tablets >

Chlorophyll tablets

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Chlorophyll tablets

Old 09-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

A quick google search showed Vitamin Shoppe $5.49 for 100 tabs.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 1shotkill1993
That doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Chlorophyll is not naturally in our bodies (at least that much), it couldn't be good.
This could be argued another way. Just about everything we eat is not naturally in the human body. Do you drink diet sodas or know people who do? These chemical sweeteners are not naturally in the body either, but people think they are good for us---wrong.

We do eat green veggies and chlorophyl is what makes them green and soaks up sunlight to help those veggies grow. Totally natural in natures scheeme of things.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

For those of you who have taken chlorophyll. Have you ever tried the "ENNDS" brand?

I purchased a bottle of 100 of these and have been taking them since the second week of October. I take 3 pills a day but don't notice any difference. I am 6'3" and 240lbs, so i sweat pretty easily walking in warm days. My perspiration still smells, my bowels haven't changed to green. I just wonder if they are working? The bottle and advertising mainly mentioned for the prevention of bad breath.

Did i just get the wrong kind, or do i just need to take more?

For those who have, how many did you take a day?
Old 11-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 1shotkill1993
I think I would probably give it a try though.

Where did you find these that you chew and have a minty taste?
I just used the brand that the pharmacist at my local super market had. Don't even remember what that was, it was several years ago. Sorry
Old 11-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BGfisher
Start taking them two weeks before season. Yeah you get green poop, but they sure cut down on scent. I used them years ago and IMO they work, simple as that.
Good Post as usual BG! I've used them for years and yes they do work.
Scent control is an all or nothing proposition. Don't expect to take some pills and all your scent problems will go away.

Dan
Old 11-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MeanV2
Good Post as usual BG! I've used them for years and yes they do work.
Scent control is an all or nothing proposition. Don't expect to take some pills and all your scent problems will go away.

Dan
Quite right Dan. Nothing that I'm aware of can totally eliminate human body scent, but it can be reduced to almost nothing---so far as our noses can detect. There just isn't a cure-all for odor.

While we're on the subject I have to wonder how many people worry about human scent, using all kinds of stuff to reduce it. You know, all the scent reducing soaps and shampoos, sprays, and Scent Lock suits and such. Spending untold hundreds of dollars on all this stuff.

How many ever wonder how much scent is put out by the dirt and such in their watch band or the belt they've been using all year. How about that leather wallet in the hip pocket? How about the odor coming from our ears. How many spread string wax on their strings using their fingers.

Doesn't make much sense to take care of all the big stuff if you don't pay attention to all the little details.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

They will work. As for side effects, green poop is about the only negative thing, if you want to call that negative...adds a little excitement to the bowel movement process if you ask me! They do have some good effects on the body, however, beyond helping reduce scent. Simply put, chlorophyll adds oxygen to the body. It is about the best cough solution I have found. I mix mine up in water and drink it. If I feel I need to cough, I take a swig. Almost immediately the urge to hack leaves. Does wonders for the lungs. Those babies need oxygen...just ask Mr. Deer.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

Chlorophyll works. And it is good for you. Very good. It is a powerful antioxidant and also helps detoxify the body. Of course it is not natural to the body, that is why we take vitamins and suppliments.

I take one capsule of GNC brand Triple Chlorophyll a day and not just during season. It will certainly give you green poo, but mainly just during the period when your body is getting used to it. Just like your pee gets Gatoraide yellow when you start a new vitamin. It will also make you fart like a tractor trailor for the first few times you take it.

If you are not seeing any benefits from it, you may have accidentally purchased a low-quality brand or may even be taking too much of it. Recommended dose is one capsule per day, or 60 mg. Here's a link to the stuff that I take. Works well for me.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...ELAID=61290694
Old 11-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe i'll have to give that stuff a try crowkilla. This stuff i'm trying now just doesn't seem to be doing the job.