Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
breath scent control >

breath scent control

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

breath scent control

Old 09-23-2009, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any of you people worrying about breath scent control are NUTS. Or, your have chronic halitosis.

If the deer is close enough to smell your breath, shoot it!
Old 09-23-2009, 05:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Then why worry about ANY scent control? Is your skin (if you showered) emitting as much scent as your mouth? Is your harness/stand/bow/quiver/etc..., etc..., etc... emitting as much scent as your breathing does?

There really is no half-assing scent control (not elimination....which can't be done). So why go 1/2 way?

And BTW....no matter your oral hygiene....I can assure you the deer thinks your breath STINKS.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:50 AM
Spike

proven fact: 78% of human scent is produced in the mouth...jus chew some fruit flavored gum and you'll be fine...P.S. a good shower does nothin after a night of BEEF...beef makes your body put off an odor that is very alarming to deer...pork does the same thing....
Old 09-23-2009, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try chewing on some chlorophyl tablets. They work and they're cheap. They help with overall BO too. Of course, you'll have green #2, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, lol.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

I guess no more eating sunflower seeds in the treestand for me this year..... never seem to both the deer before but hey after reading all of this, I might just cut my tongue off and say heck with, cause if your gonna go? Go All the way baby
Old 09-23-2009, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I usually get a dip of Copenhagen and spit down the side of the tree. Seriously, you bowhunting forum guys are too much! LOL

I have a older member of my lease that always starts a story with 'Well I had to put out my cigarette as he walked in'
Old 09-23-2009, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a older member of my lease that always starts a story with 'Well I had to put out my cigarette as he walked in'
His story would be more relivent if it started, "This big 'ol buck was downwind of me as he was walkin' in, so I had to put out my cigerrtte."!

Apples are cheap, easy to carry apple stripes in a baggy, good for ya, even help with bad breath!
Old 09-23-2009, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Howler
His story would be more relivent if it started, "This big 'ol buck was downwind of me as he was walkin' in, so I had to put out my cigerrtte."!
Exactly, and I'll never believe that any "big ol' buck" is gonna come in downwind of a lit cigarette. Yeah, I've known some old timers who used to kill deer with their lit cigarette still in their mouths, but I'm convinced that they were either just plain lucky on which direction the deer came from or they REALLY knew how to hunt the wind.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

I take oral hygiene seriously as part of my scent control regimen. I brush my teeth with hydrogen peroxide & baking soda, floss daily, and do not eat anything after brushing or while on the stand. Does it make a difference doing all this crap? - well, if nothing else, my dental hygenist gives me good marks in my regular checkups .

-fsh
Old 09-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

i usually eat an apple before i go out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.