Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
arrow cost 20 a arrow what the heck >

arrow cost 20 a arrow what the heck

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

arrow cost 20 a arrow what the heck

Old 09-23-2009, 12:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

It isn't cheap by all means. I roughly figure about $10 an rrow, $10 a broadhead, so why not put a $10 lighted nock on it as well. Call it insurance on the other $20. With out that lighted nock I would have never found an arrow last year. So basically I am shooting $30 worth of equipment....
Old 09-23-2009, 01:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

so, you wanted custom arrows, peeled, sanded and wiped AND refletched during the busiest time of year , and you wanted it all done IMMEDIATELY, if not sooner..... then you complain about the price, which isn't HARDLY far off..........hmmmmm OK
Old 09-23-2009, 03:41 AM
Typical Buck

Get yourself the Arizona Ez-fletcher for carbon arrows and do your own, in the long run it will save you time and money. Plus, how do you know if they are tipping each vane with glue to make sure they stay on??? Just something to think about. I feel more better knowing I did the work and its to my standards.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
#1. A 6 pack of arrows always costs more than a 12 pack of arrows.

#2. Instead of buying pre fletched arrows, only to scrape off the vanes, save yourself $10 per dozen and buy raw shafts.

#3. Quick Spin St are $19.99 for a 36 pack. Which you said that you knew.

#4. Depending on how many arrows they have to fletch before yours a week turnaround isn't all that bad. Remember that archery season is fast approaching and to be honest you should have had your arrows ready long ago.

#5. We charge $2.50 per arrow to scrape and fletch arrows but we cut that in half if you purchase the new shafts from us. $3.00 seems a little on the high side of average.

#6. If you are buying the arrows from them then cutting and gluing in the inserts should come with the cost of the arrows.

What this would have cost you from us.....
Shafts - $139
Vanes - #19.99
Cut and insert - Free
Labor - $15 per dozen with new shaft discount

Total - $174 + tax ($14.50 per arrow)
I seem to be agreeing bith bigbulls alot these days. There is no busier time that right now for fletching arrows for guys just like you. Played with themselves all year, but now its crunch time and you don't have a thing done, and its the shop's fault they are busy and can't get your arrows done in 2 seconds. I've fletched 1000's of arrows at the shop I go to in the last couple years, and this time of year, there will literally be 100 dozen arrows to fletch at any given time, so a week turnaround is not unreasonable.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Arjuna
Now, you know why I cut my own arrows, put on my own wraps, and fletch my own arrows.

Sorry.

Make the investment and buy a saw and fletching jig. They will serve you well.
I hear what you're saying, but if he had a decent pro-shop, he really would be better off. I'll gladly pay $1.50 per arrow to have my arrows fletched up at my shop, and not have to worry about how long glue will keep, etc., but in his situation, he may be very much so better off.

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
I have the broadheads but still my proplem is the 3.00 a arrow to fleatch them. If i remeber they where 1.50 a piece last year at the local shop in sullivan. The arrows are already 20 high i found them for 119 on ebay. I think first thing in the morning i will call the local shop get a price from him and go from there.
As Arjuna said above, you're probably better off to just go buy your own fletching jig. But you're also hitting the shop at what is very likely their busiest time of year. That makes a difference as well, I'm sure.

As for the PRICE, to each his own I guess, but I don't think I have over $75 in any 12 arrow I own, including TAX and SHIPPING, and I'm perfectly happy with their performance.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

Cutting, wrapping, and fletching your own arrows is the only way to go!! Unless of course you just don't have the time, but if you can make time to go out and practice you should be able to take thirty minutes to do a few here and there like I do.....plus if your like most out there that have been shooting for years and plan to for as long as the Lord above will allow, its a big savings in the end no matter which way you look at it. Plus like the Outdoors man said, I feel better knowing I did them myself!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 06:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe some have played with them selfs but not me. I did not hve the money for the arrows and the rest of my hunting stuff till yesterday as it is when i got my student loan. I had not planned on new arrows this year but if i buy a sight i will need to re sight everything. Why not buy the arrows to and resight once and be done with it. It went from two days to week in 10 minutes. When i got there they where standing around doing nothing. I bought the sight had them install it. I bought a 300 rangefinder a 250 dollar glendale full rut. In the 30 minutes they spent trying to find the target or figure out if they had one they got a guys wanting new strings and 2 guys wanting other stuff done. Seems since i was in line first and had my order in first i would be first to get done. How in 20 minutes did it go from 2 days to a dam week.
Originally Posted by YooperMike
I seem to be agreeing bith bigbulls alot these days. There is no busier time that right now for fletching arrows for guys just like you. Played with themselves all year, but now its crunch time and you don't have a thing done, and its the shop's fault they are busy and can't get your arrows done in 2 seconds. I've fletched 1000's of arrows at the shop I go to in the last couple years, and this time of year, there will literally be 100 dozen arrows to fletch at any given time, so a week turnaround is not unreasonable.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:44 AM
Spike

You can get great deals on ebay for just about any customized arrow and save quite a bit of money even with having to pay shipping. Check it out. I get all of my arrows off ebay. I just bought 1/2 dozen Easton Full Metal Jackets customized ready for the broadheads shipped for $72
Old 09-23-2009, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

well i talked with the manager at gander he was a rude a**. He told me he could not match cabelas because they where online. He told me they have had the same price since the time the doors opened. He would not even talk about matching anyone on the labor cost. Which i can kind of understand. He told me if it was a local archary shop he would do something. I told him ok and I then called the local shop. The guy is at 170.00 out the door tax quikspins and everything. I called gander back and the guy at the archery desk was even worst. HE gave me the bunch of crap about how they had alot of stuff to do and that they got 20 repair yesterday afternoon. I was there everyone was after me. He tried to say it was so high for labor because i brought the stuff in. Which i told him well if i brought it in i guess i do not need to pay you the 160 for the arrows right. Then he found the order with there arrows and there vanes. He came down about 40 off the local shop i guess because i bought everything with them. He did not care i dropped a 1000 dollars in there yesterday did not care if a came back. This is the last trip i will make to gander mountain. They matched cabelas on my bradely smoker. Knocked 100 bucks off it.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
Maybe some have played with them selfs but not me. I did not hve the money for the arrows and the rest of my hunting stuff till yesterday as it is when i got my student loan. I had not planned on new arrows this year but if i buy a sight i will need to re sight everything. Why not buy the arrows to and resight once and be done with it. It went from two days to week in 10 minutes. When i got there they where standing around doing nothing. I bought the sight had them install it. I bought a 300 rangefinder a 250 dollar glendale full rut. In the 30 minutes they spent trying to find the target or figure out if they had one they got a guys wanting new strings and 2 guys wanting other stuff done. Seems since i was in line first and had my order in first i would be first to get done. How in 20 minutes did it go from 2 days to a dam week.
I hear ya on the labor, but really ????? Mine went for tuition and books.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.