Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
arrow cost 20 a arrow what the heck >

arrow cost 20 a arrow what the heck

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

arrow cost 20 a arrow what the heck

Old 09-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default arrow cost 20 a arrow what the heck

Went to gander to day to spend some money. They had my sight i wanted for the same a cabelas and the other places i looked and mounted if for free. The glendale full rut was the same aswell so bought it. The rangefinder also the same price. heres my issue They wanted 80 bucks for a 6 pack of the carbon express maxima hunters cabelas is 139 for 12. I bought 12 or was planning on it. he asked if i had a arrow with me i did in my case. I told him to take the blazer vanes off and replace them with the quikspin st speed hunters. God there little vanes. He told me it would cost 20 for the vanes which i knew. then when i got ready to leave i asked if he wanted me to pay for the arrows now or when i pick them up. he told me just to wait. Then he says it will be a week. Which made me mad he started at two weeks then after i set it up and then go to pay for the sight and target he says a week because he got more work in after me.
Then he tells me 1.00 to cut and glue in the insert. Which i could take. Then he tells me a price of 3.00 a piece to fleatch them.
Does it really cost 36 dollars to have 12 arrows fleatched. That 160 for the arrows 20 to high. 36 for fleatching 20 for the quikspins and 12 for the cutting and inserts. Thats 20.10 dollars a arrow.
I am sure the fleatch price is high seems it cost me 40 bucks to have 10 done last year with the quikspins. and the guy charged me to much for the vanes cause they where loose and not a package as i did not need enough for 2 dozen arrows.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm I dont think I would go back to your Gander
Old 09-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

And you don't even have a broadhead on em yet.... ouch!
Old 09-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

Now, you know why I cut my own arrows, put on my own wraps, and fletch my own arrows.

Sorry.

Make the investment and buy a saw and fletching jig. They will serve you well.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the broadheads but still my proplem is the 3.00 a arrow to fleatch them. If i remeber they where 1.50 a piece last year at the local shop in sullivan. The arrows are already 20 high i found them for 119 on ebay. I think first thing in the morning i will call the local shop get a price from him and go from there.
Originally Posted by WV Hunter
And you don't even have a broadhead on em yet.... ouch!
Old 09-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree no need to be sorry i almost bought the jig just not confident i want to do it a week before season i will be buying one. I have everything i need for shooting buit the saw and jig. Might just do it my self
Originally Posted by Arjuna
Now, you know why I cut my own arrows, put on my own wraps, and fletch my own arrows.

Sorry.

Make the investment and buy a saw and fletching jig. They will serve you well.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hell, I'd just stick with the blazers. Why do you want to strip them and put on the ST's? Just curious.

I have the maxima hunters 250 with blazers and i love them.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Spike

I was in the same boat as you last year.....so I thought about it for a few days and came up with a plan and here's what I did.

I invested in a fletching jig ($35.00) and some fletching glue then I got a G5 ASD arrow squaring device ($30.00) You can square the carbon arrow on both ends and then square the insert once you have it installed. I also went to Harbor Frieght and bought the mini circular saw ($30.00) and built an arrow saw it wasn't hard at all I used was 2 1"x6" boards and a yard stick.. then I made an arrow tester which didn't cost me anything cause I had the material here at home just used 4 big washers some 1/4x20 nuts and bolts and some metal which bent in my vice once you have that tool you can square everything up and then put your broad heads on and then spin them to make sure everything is good if not you can fix it. I can provide detailed info on the spinner if needed. I also bought a couple packages of inserts and some glue for the inserts. After that I went to a sign shop and got some vinyle they had in there junk pile which cost me $5.00 and I was able to get 9 different colors and measured and cut out over 200 arrow wraps all together. All total I have about $140.00 including tax into everything and besides the inserts,vanes, wraps, and glues it's a one time investment. I would go that route it will save you in the long run then you can go to Gander Mountain and pic the arrows you want and you don't have to deal with those guys Again it may cost you more up front but it's fun to do it yourself and usually it's better quality as well.

Here's a couple pics of stuff I have in my bow shop the fletching Jig was bought but everything was made by me.
Attached Thumbnails arrow cost 20 a arrow what the heck-bow-press.jpg   arrow cost 20 a arrow what the heck-jig1.jpg   arrow cost 20 a arrow what the heck-saw1.jpg  
Old 09-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

#1. A 6 pack of arrows always costs more than a 12 pack of arrows.

#2. Instead of buying pre fletched arrows, only to scrape off the vanes, save yourself $10 per dozen and buy raw shafts.

#3. Quick Spin St are $19.99 for a 36 pack. Which you said that you knew.

#4. Depending on how many arrows they have to fletch before yours a week turnaround isn't all that bad. Remember that archery season is fast approaching and to be honest you should have had your arrows ready long ago.

#5. We charge $2.50 per arrow to scrape and fletch arrows but we cut that in half if you purchase the new shafts from us. $3.00 seems a little on the high side of average.

#6. If you are buying the arrows from them then cutting and gluing in the inserts should come with the cost of the arrows.

What this would have cost you from us.....
Shafts - $139
Vanes - #19.99
Cut and insert - Free
Labor - $15 per dozen with new shaft discount

Total - $174 + tax ($14.50 per arrow)
Old 09-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

Skool !!!

Hard to read with these run ons, grammatical issues, etc...

BUT I feel your pain with archery costs!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.