Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
interested in bow hunting >

interested in bow hunting

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

interested in bow hunting

Old 09-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

You never know what you could handle...I know a guy shooting a 92 lb pull (mainly for elk, as if needed) and you would never think from looking at him he could do it. Well, just ask the 7x7 he killed a few weeks ago if it worked out for him! I would suggest looking for a high quality used bow, as some of the others have done. I got an AMAZING deal on mine and am very happy.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

I would first recommend that you buy from a pro shop. I know you can get deals on the internet but if you buy one from the shop they will be more willing to help you with set up etc. Also you are probably going to get a bow that fits you better in draw length and in feel if you shoot it before you buy it. As a novice when things go wrong you'll have them to turn to and maybe get a better deal on tune ups/ repairs if you bought it from them. Paying more for the service you'll get at a good shop is worth if for a newbie without anyone for guidance. As far as bows go, there are many good options in every price point. You definately don't have to pay a fortune to get into a good bow. Good luck with it