Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Anyone gonna entertain other hunters this year >

Anyone gonna entertain other hunters this year

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone gonna entertain other hunters this year

Old 09-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Typical Buck

On the opening weekend, for the last 10 years or so, I have hosted 2 or three friends. I have an old friend that has joined me about half the time, but the other guys kind of rotate in and out based on life's situations. I usually try to put them on deer, because most of them have never hunted before they met me. I have been with three guys for their first deer. I love that more than killing them myself.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

Unfortunately he has a soccer game that day soooooooooo we might be able to get him and atleast the camera in the woods that afternoon
Old 09-26-2009, 04:33 AM
Host of Hosts

I hunt alone mostly now... Dad and Grandpa retired from hunting years ago. Was making the trip to the big woods every year with my cousin, but he's hunting different areas now.

I would love to have some of you guys up here, but I don't have any property and very limited access to anything other than Game Lands. Kinda Sucks
Old 09-26-2009, 06:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Tim,

I am so looking forward to coming down again with Ben. As you know, I'm not necessarily there to kill deer but I am there for the good time that is inevitable.

I'm hosting Preacher Tony and I usually have Q2INWHITETAILS as well.

Matt / PA won't be able to make it this year but I have open invites out to many. It's not an easy hunt but I can promise a good time and great food. I have in the past put a guys biggest buck to date in front of him but the connection wasn't made. Unfortunately, it takes planing for out of staters to come to PA because doe tags are a draw and bucks are not easy to come by. Fortunately, Preacher Tony made those plans and has doe tags. ;-)

Last edited by Rob/PA Bowyer; 09-26-2009 at 06:17 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:28 AM
Typical Buck

Just me, dad, uncle and brother. Land is too scarce in east central Indiana to open up the 100 acres we have access to to allow other to come in. We just don't have the room.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:42 AM
Typical Buck

I pretty much just hunt alone. Every once in a great while a friend will go, but that is becoming a rare occasion.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Dominant Buck

I have in the past put a guys biggest buck to date in front of him but the connection wasn't made.
Me, too.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
Tim,

I am so looking forward to coming down again with Ben. As you know, I'm not necessarily there to kill deer but I am there for the good time that is inevitable.

I'm hosting Preacher Tony and I usually have Q2INWHITETAILS as well.

Matt / PA won't be able to make it this year but I have open invites out to many. It's not an easy hunt but I can promise a good time and great food. I have in the past put a guys biggest buck to date in front of him but the connection wasn't made. Unfortunately, it takes planing for out of staters to come to PA because doe tags are a draw and bucks are not easy to come by. Fortunately, Preacher Tony made those plans and has doe tags. ;-)

I usually fly solo, a friend comes up once or twice a season, i usally go to his place also once a year.
This year PT is going to stop in also, as Rob stated with the Doe tags, PT was not able to secure a doe tag here, they sell out rather quick before non residence can apply for them, so PT will stop here first on his way to ROB's.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Host of Hosts

Maybe if we offer PT a few doe tags he'll show up at next years GTG.....LOL (Had an opening and had to take it PT)

Chris I hope by now you have received a few paychecks.

Last edited by PABuck_HNTR; 09-26-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be taking two friends on two seperate hunts in the High Peaks of the Adirondacks: First hunt Muzzle L. Oct 17-23, second hunt Oct 30-nov 7.

My solo hunts there will be Nov 11-19, and Nov 27-Dec 6 ( my favorite time )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.