Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
08 bow kill mount and other PICS! >

08 bow kill mount and other PICS!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

08 bow kill mount and other PICS!

Old 09-22-2009, 04:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

How did that food plot come in? What did you plant? The land that I lease has a small pasture that I can't get to (translated: nothing with wheels and a motor allowed) and I was wanting to do something similar to what you did.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by YooperMike
How did that food plot come in? What did you plant? The land that I lease has a small pasture that I can't get to (translated: nothing with wheels and a motor allowed) and I was wanting to do something similar to what you did.

They are the fall plots, just planted them the other week. No rain yet but they are already starting to sprout! It was The secret spot by imperial Whitetail. Yeah we did this all by hand because the tracker is in the shop. Just need to clear it out to get to the soil, spread the seed rake it in and youre done!
Old 09-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by itsslow98
bet theres some nice fishing in that pond too, nice buck and odd rack, id love to have place like that on that land
Yeah i have honestly been so blessed to have this land. My parents bought it back when i was about 5 and ive been hunting and fishing there ever since. We pull 7 pounders out of there every few weeks and my brother pulled a 10 pounder out a in 1998. pretty good for a 32 acre farm pond. Plus we get 15 pound catfish all the time and have pulled out 20 pounders. All together we have 168 acres but hopefully soon we will purchase land next to it or near by.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

Thats an awesome looking buck and great mount man congrats
Old 09-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Typical Buck

that deer is awesome!!! i love the crazy racks!
Old 09-22-2009, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haha your my kinda guy!! 4 wheelers, bud , deer, maxima magazines haha, and xbox.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:55 AM
Typical Buck

wow, what a unique buck. Looks to be pretty old too. A lot of character in his face...
Old 09-23-2009, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll tell ya in all honesty, the Taxidermist used the wrong base for that deer, from what I'm seeing, because he had a HUGE neck when you killed him, and the taxidermist never captured that with the mount he produced. Still a good looking mount, and the larger mount would've cost a little more, but would've done just a little better job of capturing that memory in time as it was. I like the truck, I had a lifted one many years ago before kids (when it was still semi-practical) and it would go ANYWHERE, mine was a little older Ford than that one though.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
I'll tell ya in all honesty, the Taxidermist used the wrong base for that deer, from what I'm seeing, because he had a HUGE neck when you killed him, and the taxidermist never captured that with the mount he produced. Still a good looking mount, and the larger mount would've cost a little more, but would've done just a little better job of capturing that memory in time as it was. I like the truck, I had a lifted one many years ago before kids (when it was still semi-practical) and it would go ANYWHERE, mine was a little older Ford than that one though.
Yeah i agree the photo doesnt do it justice. The mount is pretty true to form, if anything there is a tiny little gap from where the mount was a tad bigger than what the skin could cover. Ill try and get some better pics here pretty soon. maybe put up a ruler for comparison haha
Old 09-23-2009, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

Oh and i actually sent him the trail cam pics and the trophy shot so he had a pretty good idea of what it looked like. Hes done all of our mounts and is pretty consistent. Man that bucks neck was HUGE! i have a pic on my phone of my size 12 boots on his neck and there is an easy two inches on each side extra that went past the book. It looked like a damn horse and was kind of intimidating! haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.