Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
if you could live anywhere you want where would it be and why >

if you could live anywhere you want where would it be and why

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

if you could live anywhere you want where would it be and why

Old 09-21-2009, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default if you could live anywhere you want where would it be and why

Me and some friends got talking about the powerball as it is over 100 mil now everybody has a ticket around here.
If you had an near unlimited amount of cash and did not need to work any more where would you buy you dream hunting land and why? What would you look for when picking a start or area?
I have moved around alot and moving to another state has become second nature to me so it would be easy for me.
I would list all the states with trophy deer hunting,turkey duck, maybe some elk bear and mule deer. But the whitetail would be enough. Any none rifle state would be out as hell why move to a shotgun only state. The anti gun states would be out. Then i would look at what the properpty tax and income taxs where. I would say iowa one of the dakotas KY TN anywhere but indiana. Buy 2k acres and never leave. Plus i would not go any where that did not have nice tall straight trees for stands
Old 09-21-2009, 06:43 AM
Dominant Buck

I hunt "small-ish" deer in NC. But I don't know anyone I'd trade hunting grounds with. I walk (or short drive via truck or ATV) to all my spots.....and the liberal bag limits here afford me MANY opportunities.

I'd love to hunt some bigger game, elsewhere, and I have made plans to do that in the near future. But......I love hunting right here.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ya i forgot NC. We moved there near asheville a few years ago. FOund out the bag limit was like wow. Then rifle cool got to get me a rifle. Then i found out i had ot have hunters ed a month before season and could not get it. Nc would be on my list.
Originally Posted by GMMAT
I hunt "small-ish" deer in NC. But I don't know anyone I'd trade hunting grounds with. I walk (or short drive via truck or ATV) to all my spots.....and the liberal bag limits here afford me MANY opportunities.

I'd love to hunt some bigger game, elsewhere, and I have made plans to do that in the near future. But......I love hunting right here.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to say the northern panhandle of Idaho would be where I would go. Beautiful country, lots of great hunting and fishing, the people are great. I absolutely love it out there!

Shane
Old 09-21-2009, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I could, I would choose somewhere in Alaska.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

I would stay here in Indiana, I would just buy a lot of land.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

right were i am so i could stick were my roots are and just keep accumulating land and get myself a massive property for me and my family too hunt
Old 09-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love colorado but i think if i had to choose i would go with south dakota or montana. Iowa would be on my list too.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

Have to be on our ground in Pike County, IL. I am in love with the way the community is and the way the ground and whitetail herd is.. Nowhere else on earth as perfect for me as right there. I am fortunate to spend almost every weekend over there..
Old 09-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

My wife and I are beginning talks of putting together a 10-year-plan to move out West... probably Colorado, but could be something else once I really start doing the research.

I really want to move somewhere where I can go after mule deer, elk, antelope, mountain lion and bears all in one state. If they've got whitetails too, all the better -- but I'm going to do my best to get another five P&Y whitetails on my walls before we're ready to leave so if I can't hunt them any more it won't be that big a deal for what I'll be getting in return.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.