Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
if you could live anywhere you want where would it be and why >

if you could live anywhere you want where would it be and why

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

if you could live anywhere you want where would it be and why

Old 11-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've thought about this alot..I'm kind of with Greg and want to expose myself to the greatest variety of species possible or be within driving distance to great areas. So, if I had to choose today it would be western Kansas or eastern Colorado. Colorado has a pretty diverse amount of game and I simply love Kansas. So, live in western kansas, short drive into Colorado or even New Mexico, Oklahoma or Texas. Go north to the dakotas and/or even Montana. Closer out west would be the plan.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Typical Buck

that is a tuff decision. i guess i would have to travel state to state and experience it all before i could even possibly decide.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

definitely the hubble pics have interested me.....chekin out how life on other planets is...are there more humans, or animals..land o the monkey's type of thing...i kno it aint IF there is life, but WHERE there is life....that would be the ultimate trip!!
Old 11-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Play Boy Mansion, lot's of receptive Doe's!!!
Old 11-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I didnt have to ever balance the check book again...I'd have a few places. Here in Illinois, Montana, Kansas, South Texas, and somewhere near the Gila National Forrest for Elk, this way I could follow the rut as it progresses North to South.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

I would have to say Colorado because of the diverse game selection and also the sheer beauty of the state, South Texas has some of the biggest deer, next would be Alberta/Saskatchewan then Montana. But hey, if money was no issue I would buy land in all of those places
Old 11-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd stay right here. High Peaks vistas, World Class fishing, and enough 140 + class buck all around the state to keep me happy. I'd just buy as big a parcel of land I could find- couple thousand acres-, and I'd be happy.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Spike

I would buy a big enough piece of land in Randolph County, IL to practice my own deer management on. People around here aren't very good at being selective when it comes to bucks. The area has huge potential, and does produce very large deer every year. I'm fortunate enough to have my uncle's 40 acres to hunt in this little piece of deer paradise.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:32 AM
Typical Buck

500 acres of bottom land in east central Iowa along the Iowa River. Nothing fancy, 14x70 trailer house, BIG shop long enough to shoot 40 yards in. a good woman and a mean F'n dog. I would die a happy... happy man.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ElkNutz
..........a good woman and a mean F'n dog. I would die a happy... happy man.

A Freakin' Men.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.