Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
if you could live anywhere you want where would it be and why >

if you could live anywhere you want where would it be and why

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

if you could live anywhere you want where would it be and why

Old 09-25-2009, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Like I said I am from Oklahoma so I am partial to it, but I was looking and alabama has no bag limit on deer. Sounds pretty fun to me. Hunting is fun but I don't see how you guys up north do it where you can only kill one deer a year. How do you justify spending the money that I know most of you spend to only kill one. I like my odds down here. The deer may not be as big, but it sure is fun knowing that everytime I go hunting that even if I kill one, I can still hunt tomorrow. As opposed to if I kill one I am done. Not saying it is right or wrong, just a different mind set.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Right now my choice would be Bonaire. Yeah I know, where is Bonaire. Well, it's an island 50 miles off the coast of Venezuela. Right between Aruba and Curacao.

Why? Because I scuba dive, too. As I age I'm getting a little less tolerant of temperature changes. Temps run about 75 in the winter and 88 in the summer. Right now it's been about 83 during the day and 80 at night.

For diving the water temp ranges from 78 in the winter to about 84 in the summer.

22 incjes of rain per year. It's out of the hurricane belt so hardly ever has any bad weather. Water vizibility averages about 80-100'. Don't need a boat to dive. It's the shore diving capitol of the world.

Crime is zilch. People are friendly and almost all speak English. And the island always seems to attract a ton of tall, slim, blonde girls from the Netherlands. Yummy.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

By the milk river in montana. or Western Colorado in a small town called montrose. The sheer amount of animals in these places is amazing and the views are simply breathtaking. Not to mention the summers there average like 70 degrees, how awesome would that be!
Old 09-26-2009, 10:54 AM
RT1
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Steven McBee
By the milk river in montana. or Western Colorado in a small town called montrose. The sheer amount of animals in these places is amazing and the views are simply breathtaking. Not to mention the summers there average like 70 degrees, how awesome would that be!

I would say for me in this order:

Virginia
Montana
Colorado
Missouri
Wyoming

Living in michigan is so dam expensive now. The taxes are crazy and going to get worse. Hunting and fishing are very good. The bucks are better than anyone realize, but could be better. The state is run very poorly and it's broke. Winters suck!
This state is getting worse all the time! I'm not going on anymore about michigan it would take all day.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I had that money, I would
1: Get a house in Costa Rica, for the fishing and beautiful beaches
2: Keep the house here
3. Buy land in Kentucky and Illinois right on the Ohio River Valley
4. After all of that I would put the money in the bank and let it draw interest and live off of it, splurging into the main money when something interesting comes along.
5. Duck impoundment on the Pamlico, and a duck spot out west in Arkansas
Old 09-26-2009, 05:28 PM
Banned

If I was filthy rich, $$ no object, and I didn't have to go to work...well..I would own a HUGE motor home with a toy hauler trailer pulled behind it for my custom bike and bow hunting equipment. I then would drive from state to state(stay west of the Mississippi River as east of there has too many people, too strict of handgun laws, too many laws period, and blue laws which prohibit hunting on Sundays) and chase all of the hunting seasons that each state has to offer. Then, when the US seasons closed, I would be in Africa and New Zealand. My resident state, for tax purposes, would be Wyoming as they have no state income tax, but I would have no real address, and always on the go.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:41 AM
RT1
Fork Horn

keep the post going

Montana or wyoming would be very nice, I don't think i could take the winter all season long. I would have to get out of there for awhile.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:28 AM
RT1
Fork Horn

ttt

a little bump
Old 11-25-2009, 10:36 AM
Spike

If money was no object I'd have a place in northern ontario, northern manitoba, saskatchewan,alberta, yukon, alaska, illinois, iowa, kansas.

then i'd just spend a week in each province/state from october -december hunting moose then whitetails then mulies, then after thats all said and done, start over again for a wolf/coyote hunt throughout the winter. relax all spring then hard on the fishing throughout the summer-earily fall. Then do it all over again

see I thought about this once or twice before heh why just have one place? lol
Old 11-25-2009, 11:42 AM
Spike

New Zealand because they have no hunting seasons, you can hunt year round day or night. Alberta because of the monster whitetail and bear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.