Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
if you could live anywhere you want where would it be and why >

if you could live anywhere you want where would it be and why

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

if you could live anywhere you want where would it be and why

Old 09-24-2009, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like living here in Wyoming. We have elk, moose, deer (Mule & Whitetail), antelope, Mt. Lion, bear (Black and Grizzly), Big Horn Sheep, upland birds, Waterfowl and all the small stuff. The only thing I would change is to move into the mountains in a log home.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

Like GMMAT said, I think an important consideration would be liberal bag limits, which for me, would mean even the opportunity to take TWO deer each year. If I could shoot that early doe and then wait for a buck, I would be in Heaven. Now, I know I could do so if I would be willing to travel, but work and family doesn't leave a lot open for that right now. I get out when I can on my home range and enjoy it.

That said, I'd say someplace with a liberal bag limit and where I could have a decent amount of land that I was able to own or have permission to hunt, several hundred acres if not thousands. I am a firm believer in the fact that any state that has a deer population can and always does produce HUGE bucks. It's just the guys who have the right set-up and willpower not to down every forkhorn they see that get that big buck. I wish many of the hunters on this Minnesota-specific forum I sometimes view could stop whining and understand you don't need antler point restrictions and all sorts of new regulations imposed on you to achieve that.

On a final note, do you think everyone in Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin and other "big buck" states are slaying huge bucks left and right? No, there's a lot of great marketing that goes along with promoting those states as the place to be. Many hunters - and the DNR - in those states are doing something right, but you don't have to move there to get a big buck. Minnesota isn't known as a big buck state but I look through Outdoor News (regional pub) each week and see dozens of big bucks slain by archers around the state who did their homework.

Last edited by minnesotadeer; 09-24-2009 at 07:08 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:30 AM
bigcountry

Has to be Alaska. Do you guys know that a biggame of some sort is in season 365days/year. You can hunt non-stop. And its a fishing paradise.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would probably stay right in here in Northern Idaho and just buy a larger piece of ground. I love the diversity of critters I can hunt here, plus I was born and raised in these mountains. Whitetails, elk, mule deer, bear, turkeys, lions, moose, goats, rams and even wolves now. to name a few. The country here is beautiful. I love the rugged mountains and timber that go along with it. I would definatley buy a couple pieces of ground in other states though if I won the lotto and I would make sure I had a good friend watching over it and helping me manage it for big whitetails.

I also love Montana, I spent 5 years of my college years there and got to hunt and fish a ton near Dillon Mt. I would move to Western Montana if I had to move. Saskatchewan Canada, I love as well. My buddy Dan up there has all the critters I get to hunt and bigger whitetails!
Old 09-24-2009, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

I'm dissappointed nobody has mentioned Oklahoma. We get to shoot 6 deer a year plus a bonus doe day, so a total of 7 deer. no more than 2 bucks though. We have lots of lakes and public land to hunt, so you are not restricted to private land only. Plus wasn't it mentioned in the beginning that if you had an unlimited supply of money? If that is the case then I am owning land here and then when I want to hunt that elk or bear I will buy a guided hunt to canada or maine or colorado. Just my thoughts. Plus our bass fishing has really improved over the last 15 years and now we have some really nice fishing.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Western kentucky looks real good. great waterfowl,turkey and even elk! long deer season w/ unlimited does. Lands also really cheap and taxes are low.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oklahoma? your kidding right? Ha ha. Just had to do it. Sorry
Old 09-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

For Whitetail IL is great although between the DNR and outfitters leasing ground it is very difficult to find the quality ground I would like to hunt. Iowa would be the place I would head in a heartbeat.

Limited tags make it hard for outfitters to whore the area. If I could buy a few thousand acres that would be Great.

As far as out west states I would pick Nebraska, New Mexico, or Arizona. I had a friend that lived in Colorado a few years so I know I would not want to move there. Idaho, Montana, & Wyoming would be nice too.

Dan
Old 09-25-2009, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default shooters

I would open up a bar/proshop with an indoor range and a 3D cours outside somewhere in the tricountry area Belgium/Germany/netherlands.
I would have nice looking women with "racks" serving beer and steak and I would call the place "s'hooters".
Then I would buy Africa and invite you all over.............

Frank
Belgium
Old 09-25-2009, 06:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by m9a9g9i9c
I would open up a bar/proshop with an indoor range and a 3D cours outside somewhere in the tricountry area Belgium/Germany/netherlands.
I would have nice looking women with "racks" serving beer and steak and I would call the place "s'hooters".
Then I would buy Africa and invite you all over.............

Frank
Belgium
I like the way you think Frank!!

Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.