Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
if you could live anywhere you want where would it be and why >

if you could live anywhere you want where would it be and why

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

if you could live anywhere you want where would it be and why

Old 09-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

MONTANA...if you have ever been there need i say more.. i love it and an Outdoorsmen can just about do anything there..

the people are great and the hunting is even better..Love it there..

-NICK
Old 09-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

I would stay in my home state for the most part. Try to find a large chunk of property that I could manage and have all the ground I would ever need for horse back riding. Montanna has so much to offer that I believe that I would have to have ground out there. All kinds of game to hunt!
Old 09-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

Probably sell the farm in Iowa and move out west, maybe Montana. I'd like a more big game species to hunt than Iowa has to offer.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Fork Horn

Ohio. Or maybe Iowa, Illinois. That would be for whitetail hunting. If i had to move somewhere to settle it might be Manitoba, or Alberta. Absolutely beautiful country.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Whitetailaddict13
That would be for whitetail hunting. If i had to move somewhere to settle it might be Manitoba, or Alberta. Absolutely beautiful country.
I guess I wasn't thinking "outside the box". Saskatchewan would be definitely looked at.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think i would buy my dream land but i would spend alot of hunting seasoning traveling state to state outfitter to outfitter hunting. Only the good ones we see on the outdoor channel and only the fair chase ones aswell. Though fence or no fence bait or no bait. I would hunt both ranges of ted nugent. That would be killer. I would have to buy a nice size rv camo it head to toe and have a set of 200 class antlers on the front.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

some place in Upstate NY where I owned a log cabin in a Mt valley on edge of a lake filled with trout and pike and bass......and woods had aspens and hard maples for color in fall....
Old 09-24-2009, 03:56 AM
Typical Buck

Good question, Im torn between staying here in Indiana and just doing trips for hunting for other animals or moving to Idaho. there is so much you can hunt there and inexpensive tags. Then again, Im a lifetime license holder here in Indiana and I would have unlimited amount of money, so tags for other states wouldnt be an issue.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
I hunt "small-ish" deer in NC. But I don't know anyone I'd trade hunting grounds with. I walk (or short drive via truck or ATV) to all my spots.....and the liberal bag limits here afford me MANY opportunities.

I'd love to hunt some bigger game, elsewhere, and I have made plans to do that in the near future. But......I love hunting right here.
I agree, and I definitely hunt small bucks in Florida. I like it here and get to hunt on 40+ thousand acres of land. There are roads I haven't ever been on in the club and i've been a member for 4 years. Every year I have stands in a few different areas, so it feels like a new lease every year. All my friends and my family (and the wife's family) are here so i see no reason for leaving.

I would take some time out of hunting here and go to kill a couple big bucks in the midwest and waterfowl hunt. I would also run deer dogs in VA and NC- my fancy collar still couldn't cover up my red neck
Old 09-24-2009, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Even with the BS of taxes and the most F%^&*D up state Government in the Nation, I'd still pick NY. I'm less than a three hour drive from WORLD CLASS Steelhead-Salmon-Browntrout fishing, and can walk/drive within a half hour of deer hunting for 140" class and up whitetail. I have the peace and solitude of the Adirondack hardwood forrests. We have it all that I'm looking for.

People say " yeah, but your winters suck ". Sometimes that's true, but unlike many areas of the South and Midwest, as well as the fires in California, when the storms over, my house is still there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.