Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What to do in this situation (real, just happened)? >

What to do in this situation (real, just happened)?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What to do in this situation (real, just happened)?

Old 09-22-2009, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by coryj
There goes 20 minutes of my life that I can never get back and I still don't know if he found the deer. I'll follow up later and see if we get an update.

Good luck in your recovery.

Same here!
Old 09-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Respecting another man's property is huge in my book. If he explicitly tells you "no" you cannot enter his property, then you are short if you are trying to be legal like. If you live in a state where you can move onto another person's property if it is not posted, then go get your deer.

All in all, it is your personal choice. I would have an extremely hard time not trying to get that deer.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:40 AM
Spike

I would go get my deer screw them if the cant take a joke.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Spike

I would go get my deer screw them if they cant take a joke.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

You have to ask yourself, are you intentionally disrespecting that property owner or breaking the law? If neither, if in a state where you can go get it unless they ask you to leave, do it. Get in and out asap. There's no need to ask the landowner (if the law says you don't have to). You're not disrespecting he or she if you do no damage to your land and are recovering your deer legally. If someone entered my land to retrieve a deer in this situation without asking (and in Minnesota they can until I tell them to leave), I would have no problem with it so long as they got in and got out. If they hunted on it without asking, that's a whole different story because that is blatantly disrespectful and fits the legal definition of trespassing here.

So many people who own land, like trespassers, go to extremes with their viewpoints on property rights. This is my land dangit! I own it! It's mine! It's mine! It's mine! It's all mine and stay off it unless I grant permission from thou holiness!!! They walk around beating their chest and putting up signs that say Trespassers Shot on Sight, Survivors Shot Again. Fortunately, myself and my neighboring landowners respect one another and don't need to get so worked up. And when we have trespassers, we calmly and tactfully deal with them and they leave (with the assistance of law enforcement if necessary). It is your land, but it doesn't mean you have to go off the deep end in your pursuit to protect it. Someone trying to recover a deer isn't out to get you, especially if they're doing it legally.

Now, the real question is, did you get the deer or not?!?!?!?!?
Old 09-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

NC...where'd ya go?
Its been a couple days....I hope you found it. Don't leave us hangin....