Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What to do in this situation (real, just happened)? >

What to do in this situation (real, just happened)?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What to do in this situation (real, just happened)?

Old 09-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

Talk about hook line and sinker. This guy pulled the pin on the grenade and walked away. Classic.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Dominant Buck

NCBlood's not a troll. He's a damned good hunter (his resume' is solid). New to NC....and I can understand his dilemma.

I wish him luck...and I'll back his decision...whatever it was. He's the only one that's THERE.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

I believe your best bet in this type of issue, would be to talk to the land owner first. Even if you only talk to the guy and not the woman. If you are caught by her, even if it is legal, then you will be seen as a bad and illegal hunter. That type thing is fuel for an anti-hunter. Also finding a dead deer on her property would be fuel for her fire (if she is an anti.) At least if you talked to them, you would be showing that you are trying to do the right thing. PLEASE guys remember that we as good hunters need to show that we are doing the right thing. The BAD hunters that do wrong are the ones that are noticable, so when we good hunters have a chance to show that we are doing what is right, then we need to take advantage.

Last edited by cwillard; 09-21-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

Alright, someone has to say it:

I KNOW YOU ARE, BUT WHAT AM I?
Old 09-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Spike

Default id go get it

id go get my deer they wold just have to get mad if u shot it its yours sneak in and out verry fast take a friend with u use a verry low power flash light do not shine in the direction of the house and be quite
Old 09-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
Steve,
I hear what you're saying, and agree in some ways, but I think in this specific situation, asking a woman who you've been told is an anti-hunter, rather than just jumping a fence and getting an animal she'll NEVER KNOW was ever there just makes more sense. I don't see it as any "invasion of privacy" or "trampling of a landowner's rights" at all, because I'd be open to someone LEGITIMATELY coming on my land if they killed an animal that ran onto my property. I see it as a common courtesy I suppose, but that's just the way some of us "nice" rednecks are around here, too, I guess. But at the same time, be it a doe or a WR NT Buck, I'm gonna go get it, because I believe I OWE that animal that effort, but I'm also not gonna go running around on someone's property scoping out their house and what's in their barn I could potentially come back after, etc, like there are some people out there who would do. I don't use an ATV to recover deer, I DRAG a deer out of everywhere I hunt except my in-laws, because it's easy enough to get one in at their place. I understand the issue with unethical people trespassing all over and shooting up everything they can, I've seen it as well, but I believe often times what they don't know will certainly never hurt them in this such case, and I'm not the type of guy who's going to mess with anything on their land, I'm just going in, getting the deer I killed, and getting out. Been there, done that a couple times, and I was even nice enough to bring it back before I gutted it, so they didn't have a mess along one of their trails........

Fortunately, I only hunt ONE place where it would EVER be an issue, and that OLD 80-something year old woman would never know I was ever there, and in all honesty, she really don't need to know, I ain't doing anything but recovering a deer that deserves that respect, and I believe ALL states should allow a hunter a "REASONABLE RIGHT TO TRESPASS" as long as he is "LEGITIMATELY" tracking an animal.
I understand what your saying Doug. I just thought I'd throw In the BS that I've got to put up with In my area sometimes. Some of these hunters are real slobs and sadly so It can make getting permission on other people's land a real chore.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

There goes 20 minutes of my life that I can never get back and I still don't know if he found the deer. I'll follow up later and see if we get an update.

Good luck in your recovery.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have done it before and I would do it again. Go get your deer, pay your 75 dollar trespass fine, and feel good that you recoved the animal. Next time don't hunt so close to the property line.
Exactly!!

And i would have never have came here posting this crazy post asking and seeing what everyones thoughts were on the subject.(i could care less)

I only care about what i think and what i should and would do. I WOULD HAVE MY DEER BY NOW.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I took this little doe saturday afternoon and yes it ran when i shot it.
Did it run onto anyone elses property? lol you will never know

Last edited by RTA47; 09-22-2009 at 06:30 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:56 AM
Fork Horn

In Iowa the law states I have every right to recover my deer on any property as long as I am not carrying a weapon. Numerous times I have made a call or stopped by to let the landowner know I would be out there as spotlights in the woods get questions. But I have always told them I will be there never asked. The Iowa DNR says I shall make every attempt to recover the animal I shoot, its law to do it. I have had anti hunters tell me I couldn't and just politely tell them I wasn't asking and go about my retrieval.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.