Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Official Illinois Season Thread 09 >

Official Illinois Season Thread 09

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Official Illinois Season Thread 09

Old 10-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be out in the morning for an all day hunt. With the rain and now colder temps the deer should be moving more than during the last week. Also heard some reports of rub lines being made.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck Buckmark, let us know how it went
Old 10-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

Had a good hunt yesterday evening. Had a small buck come through but was to far so i hit the can call just to see what would happen and he came right in. Decided to pass on him and then had a doe come through at 35 yards and put the ol beaman and slick trick through her. She ran about 80yards and piled up. Got the doe out of the way so time to wait on the big boy.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tell you what...the cold got em movimg. We saw more deer today than we ever have. At least 2 dozen on the drive in this morning and at least 2 dozen different deer while hunting between the 2 of us, including many bucks, 3 of which were very nice deer. At around 6;30 pm, I had a fairly nice 8 come in. Spotted him at about 70 yards out and he walked straight to my stand stopping every few yards to nibble a bit and look around. Not once did he give me a chance to draw as he got within 25 yards or so he must have saw me move. Then it was a game as he looked at me with his nose going 240 trying to figure out if I was a threat or not. Every couple steps he took he would look up and check me out. He ended up walking 5 yards in front of me and I was just never able to draw on him. I figured it was better not to spook him and let him go on his way. If only he would have walked behind me then it was game up with a 10 yard shot. So it wa a good day even though we didn't end up with one on the ground...
Old 10-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Spike

this morning a seen 4 different sets of bucks fighting. i was a little shocks because i think its way to early for them to be fighting but i just wanted to report this
Old 10-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Illinois opener pic...

Not a good opener for me, I now have learned not to play softball right before season. I had surgery on the 1st. Out for 4-6 weeks.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

OUCH

That sucks
Old 10-12-2009, 06:47 AM
Spike

Went out last night with a buddy. Had a doe and a button buck come up to me 20 yards after she blew and stomped at me. She came up behind me and done this and it scared the crap out of me. Anyways got to pull on her and I forgot to compensate for being in a tree stand(first ever deer I got to shoot at with my bow) and I missed her. She stomps and blows at me. I get another arrow knocked and she goes about 50 yards. She walks towards were my buddy is sitting he smokes her at 45 yards quarting away through both lungs ran 100 yards and dies. It sucks that I didn't get her but I'm glad he did. But, I learned from my mistake next one is mine. Going out again today. Can't wait
Old 10-12-2009, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
Have a good buzz going into this season. The weather has been cool and is really looking MUCH better than the hot weather we've had the last couple years. The foodplots are lookin' awesome and the deer activity and trail cam pix have been impressive. I find myself with more confidence than ever before. Now, if only we can get some 150"+ bucks to show up under some stands.
I Agree! Weather is looking good and so are the Trail Cam pics. I've seen a few scrapes getting hit and several rubs. I'm just hangin back right now biding my time, but it won't be long until I try to put myself in the middle of the action

Dan
Old 10-12-2009, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went out yesterday to hunt some private land....never again on a weekend...LOL seen 6 joggers. Moved my stand WAY away from that spot...anyways, seen several fresh scrapes along field edges, and they were being hit hard, so I created my own mock scrapes 100 yards from those, sprayed them down with Tinks mock scrape, and see what happens tonight!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.