Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Official Illinois Season Thread 09 >

Official Illinois Season Thread 09

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Official Illinois Season Thread 09

Old 10-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Fork Horn

well i have contact, i have huntin footage still now kills but i am starting to see them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpeKWpskGP8
Old 10-05-2009, 11:11 PM
Fork Horn

is anybody seeing any sign.

by the way... i know i could totally be screwing myself but i was told this...

you know how where there is white noise on the radio it stops bothering you after awhile... because it becomes part of your inviroment...
well i may be totally crazy but i have been pissing in the same spot right infront of my stand.... and i am finding bucks scraping in it alittle... and by leaving my scent in the woods i become part of the enviroment and i havent been a threat to the deer yet my scent may become part of their every day live and they might not care. now it sounds crazy but just crazy enough to work. but i do have deer on film now. and i am hoping that where there are does their will be bucks.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Fork Horn

Opening day and the next I saw no deer in the am but my trail cam had deer in my food plot at 1p and 3p...Full moon had really early movement/mid-day movement...
Old 10-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tex...Im just wondering if you busted deer out of the field the night before and seen deer re-appear in that same field on your youtube vid.....why arent you hunting the edge of that field? Im not a scientist, but I'd move to where im seeing the most deer?
Old 10-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

no good trees on the line with the field.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Texgrebby87
no good trees on the line with the field.
Ya, that'd do it. Is a ground blind in option there?

I went out tonight after the misty rain blew out, windy as heck, but I figured they may move after the rain stopped and popped a young Doe at 4 yards away, she ran 40 and fell over. That first deer you see up close looks like a giant...LOL Maybe the smallest deer Ive ever shoot...oh well good eating.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

I didnt go out tonight i was just too beat from work and had other stuff i needed to do. but i will be out again later this week. we may set a ground blind out. but if there is a rut this year that funnle should be insane because i know there are does that bed in it behind my stand.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

I saw 13 deer on my Saturday evening hunt.
4 bucks, 1 of them was a nice 8-pointer.

I did take a doe at 7 yards.
Extreme quartering away shot (man that is a lethal shot!)

We had to drag her more than 1/4 of a mile since the beans are still up. Didn't get her hanging until 11PM.

I ended up not hunting the morning or evening on Sunday.
We went home early.

I donated her to the Illinois Sportsman Against Hunger Program.
Dropped her off in Sterling on the way home.

Can't wait for the next hunt.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Fork Horn

alright its 2 am... and i really should be asleep but i think im going to hall my ass out of the rack tomarrow and get into the woods again. but my spot is much better in the evening... anybody seeing any sign of rut yet? or even prerut?

i know from all the does in my spot that have been avoiding me that when the rut starts if it ever comes because you all know it sucked last year, that the the bucks will be chacing those does right past me inside the treeline. or at least i hope.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

Well had 3 does come in on me last night. Decided i was going to shoot the biggest doe. Had her coming in for a perfect shot and then a squireel jumped trees and broke a big dead limb out and she was spooked after that and looking around and was being cautious. She got to 20 and gave me a perfect broadside shot but she was still spooked. She dropped her head and i drew back and she mustve caught a little movement. I settled in on her and when i clicked the release she ducked bigger than any deer ive ever seen. Gave her a haircut and that was it. Pretty disappointing but it happens

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.