Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Official Illinois Season Thread 09 >

Official Illinois Season Thread 09

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Official Illinois Season Thread 09

Old 09-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

the weather is cooler. and i hope to kill one opening day... but i dont count on it... im starting to feel the itch.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kickin_buck
Are you hunting with The Bottoms?

KICKIN_BUCK

No it is with Doug Doty of Illinois Whitetail Services LLC. He used to be Dreamwoods Outfitters but went on his own now. Great guy, we have hunted with him for the last 3 yrs.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:33 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Down&OutHunting
Whittington isnt to farm from me. Are you hunting the public ground around Rend Lake?
I looked into the Wayne Fitzgerrell Area but it's only open 2 days that week and my guess would be that it gets hunted hard all of October.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

3 weeks and I'll be in Illinois for 7 days! Woot!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Addictted
I looked into the Wayne Fitzgerrell Area but it's only open 2 days that week and my guess would be that it gets hunted hard all of October.
How many of you are coming down to this area to hunt?.Theres tons of public ground where i live and its only about 20-30 min. from Whittington. I would show you all around the area.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not going to make it opening day but Ill be out there the whole weekend. I was down at my place sunday checking food plots and trail cameras. Everything is looking good. Food plots are getting hit and a couple of small scrapes and rubs poping up here and there. Ive got upwards of 15 p&y bucks on camera so far, so the season is looking pretty good.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:25 AM
Spike

Can't wait...I'll be out in LaSalle and Bureau counties.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Down&OutHunting
How many of you are coming down to this area to hunt?.Theres tons of public ground where i live and its only about 20-30 min. from Whittington. I would show you all around the area.
Just two, My Brother has a friend who we'll be hunting with. I hope everything goes good, if not I'll look you up. Thanks
Old 10-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

so did anybody get anything? i didnt even see anything and it was balls cold and its wet out now and freezing and windy as all hell. i heard fred bear in the wind today but he was blowing on the back of my neck.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Spike

Up in Lena here alot of corn didnt make it out for opener was hauling Propane got a feeling gonna be alot of corn during all seasons up here.My daughter is ready to get out there hopefully this weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.