Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Official Illinois Season Thread 09 >

Official Illinois Season Thread 09

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Official Illinois Season Thread 09

Old 09-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default Official Illinois Season Thread 09

This is the official Illinois Archery Season. why Am I setting this up... So that We all Illini hunters can keep in touch and the pros can help guys like me. So lets keep it going all season Long.

Report your scouting, and your success and your falures here. Let us know when you start finding rubs and scrapes, let us known when you start seeing signs of the rut. Let us know what your up to.

Post pictures and videos.

I will be keeping every body updated with my youtube channel as well.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Derek, Where have you been hiding? Seems like forever since the last time I saw you post...
Old 09-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

well I have been planting a food plot and setting a stand and working on the farm and working on tex grebner Outdoors and in truth i havent been back in forever to this site and so thats why i restarted this thread. are you seeing any activity?
Old 09-18-2009, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have a good buzz going into this season. The weather has been cool and is really looking MUCH better than the hot weather we've had the last couple years. The foodplots are lookin' awesome and the deer activity and trail cam pix have been impressive. I find myself with more confidence than ever before. Now, if only we can get some 150"+ bucks to show up under some stands.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tend to agree. Even in the spring while turkey hunting we saw lots of deer. The fairly mild winter didn't take a large toll on the deer. With the wet and cool summer the deer seem to be in pretty good shape. This is the first year we have used trail cams and have had a few nice bucks show up, now taking thier picture on a cam and putting them on the ground are two different ball games. Here is a pic of the one I would love to see from my stand...
Attached Thumbnails Official Illinois Season Thread 09-trail-cam-0807-0829-873.jpg  

Last edited by BUCKMARK; 09-18-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can a New Jersey boy get in on this thread?

I hunt on well over 2000 acres in Brown County, I will be bow hunting out there sometime around November 6th and thru the first shotgun season

Good Luck and be safe to you all !!!!
Old 09-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

While it will be awhile for some, I saw Corn being harvested in East Central Madison County today. A lot of Corn got planted late this year in my neck of the woods (Macoupin and Madison Counties) hopefully it will be gone by the First of November.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure when they got the corn in out where I hunt, but it was starting to turn a week ago. Plus there are alot of beans instead or corn in this year as well. We have noticed a lot more tracks than previous years as well on the property, so it should be a banner year...
Old 09-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talked today to a farmer and the corn was at 26% and dropping about 6% a week. They are calling for more rain this weekend around here so that may slow it a bit. He was hoping to be able to start cutting in 2 weeks.

Beans on the other hand at our farm is still a ways off. They were planted late, and only one field is just now starting to turn a little yellow.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great news about the corn! Hope to see it come down 2-3 days before the opener!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.