HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Official Illinois Season Thread 09 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/304152-official-illinois-season-thread-09-a.html)

Texgrebby87 09-19-2009 04:46 PM

See I personally dont want the corn down because I am going to be working as a 12 hour a day night drying at a grain elevator.... and that means I loose my stand time....

also the corn not being out I feel could provide an advantage because if the corn is in... then the deer will come to your funnels, but the corn out... they know the are out in the open and exposed.

Down&OutHunting 09-19-2009 06:28 PM

Seen a few guys here in So. IL shelling corn. We may be able to go next week if we dont see any rain but in 2 weeks we will be going pretty steady. We have alot of beans to that are turning. Some of you guys that dont farm are lucky. If anyone wants some work ill give ya some so i can hunt

dprsdhunter 09-19-2009 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Texgrebby87 (Post 3446783)
See I personally dont want the corn down because I am going to be working as a 12 hour a day night drying at a grain elevator.... and that means I loose my stand time....

also the corn not being out I feel could provide an advantage because if the corn is in... then the deer will come to your funnels, but the corn out... they know the are out in the open and exposed.

Yeah but the corn gives them another place to hide. With the corn gone they will be forced to other cover.

Deer still have to eat so they will come to the picked fields

1shotkill1993 09-19-2009 08:06 PM

Maybe move to the Regional forums?

Texgrebby87 09-19-2009 10:42 PM

I personally would like to stay in the main forum that way other Illinois guys who dont think about the regional forums can find us easily.

also I have a food plot made of volenteer oats with in the treeline so I have tracks on top of tracks and it appears that something has layed down a few times in it.

Texgrebby87 09-21-2009 08:08 PM

any body seeing any signs yet?

Texgrebby87 09-21-2009 11:36 PM

So i hate technology because... i have 300 bucks worth of camera and softwere and none of it works... So I need to find away to get my crap together so I can film opening day. because I have over 800 subscribers to Tex Grebner outdoors now. which is also why I really want to have a good season.

Texgrebby87 09-22-2009 03:26 PM

well I am seeing some doses and doses mean bucks.

kateraxl2381 09-22-2009 04:27 PM

im feeling very confident about this season..cooler weather will keepem movin early for us..been seein a lot of deer already, a few good bucks..really anxious to get in the stand..only 9 days left guys/ladies

hatchet jack 09-22-2009 05:56 PM

I will be hunting your great state the last week of October! and I can't wait!!!!

Hatchet Jack