Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

doe snortin

Old 09-18-2009, 08:18 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
If she offered.....I would have shot her.

Dead does tell no tales.
And they don't make it a point to look directly where they last saw you either....because she will, everytime she walks near that stand.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would do as Rob said and just move it a little ways away, as stated above, she will probably be cautious around that area for awhile and you don't want that when a buck walks in with her.

Shane
Old 09-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Spike

x2 fingers
Old 09-26-2009, 09:02 AM
Spike

She'll be back but she'll now where your at.......no problem deer have short term memory especially when it comes to does. Yesterday I was walking out from my stand it started raining pretty hard so I decided to get down a little earlier than normal......there are three deer that are at my stand daily and the were off to my left about 40 yards away I call them the 3 blind mice because they never see me and walk right under my stand almost every day,,,,,anyway I get down out of my climber and they start snorting as I'm walking away I start blowing back and they process to follow me all the way back to my car....they'd blow........I'd blow,,,,,,,I'd walk and they would follow right behind me.....all the way to my car....they will probably be there when I head to my stand today.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

"the mosiquito must have called its friends because about 4 or 5 more came and were bitin my neck"

LOL

She'll definitely be looking up there from now on for a while. Brother likes to drill them edumacted one's. She'll be busting you first chance she gets probably when your in full draw with your pin on the biggest bruiser that stomps them woods.

Smart animals with long memories especially those does with fawns. They'll be your worst nightmare. LOL
Old 09-26-2009, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

You got caught, its alright. They will be back.

And just keep waiting, the bucks will come.