HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Carbon Express Lazer Eye Nocks (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/304147-carbon-express-lazer-eye-nocks.html)

Brett/IL 09-18-2009 05:53 PM

Carbon Express Lazer Eye Nocks

I swung into Dicks Sporting Goods tonight to grab another dozen Maxima Hunter arrows. My wife works there and gets a good discount, that's why I was there :D. Anyway, in each 1/2 dozen pkg there was a "free" Lazer Eye nock. I hadn't heard anything about them, but I was anxious to give them a try. I got home right around 6:30 so the light was starting to fade, which made for decent testing conditions. I ended up shooting both of them a dozen times each. They worked just as they were supposed to and were VERY bright in flight. I found them easy to turn off which was a pleasant surprise as well.

The nocks do not have a replaceable battery, but are described as having a 7 hr. battery life. Only time will tell if that holds true or not. I think they retail for right around $10, so for a lighted nock they are reasonably priced. If any of you are considering a lighted nock, you should give these a look.

http://dev.carbonexpressarrows.com/cms/node/99

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-18-2009 06:13 PM

Nice Brett.

I was a sucker and bought a 3 pack of Tracers again even though I had two break. I'm under the indication that I'll get one shot each from them and I know, I know that's expensive but like I said, suckered. :nonono2:

JeramyK 09-18-2009 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer (Post 3446052)
Nice Brett.

I was a sucker and bought a 3 pack of Tracers again even though I had two break. I'm under the indication that I'll get one shot each from them and I know, I know that's expensive but like I said, suckered. :nonono2:

LOL, you and me both. I bought a pack yesterday. I haven't had quite your misfortune though. I usually get at least a dozen shots out of one before it stops working. I probably just jinxed myself by saying that ...

Brett/IL 09-18-2009 08:25 PM

That sucks guys! For that kind of money they should last longer than that.

Rob-Were those the ones that you posted the video of last year? If so, I remember them being quite bright.

For kicks and grins I went out and shot them a little more after dark. Our security light in the back yard offers enough light that I can see through my peep. Though not practical for hunting purposes, it was a lot of fun shooting them in the dark! I only took a half a dozen shots with one, but that makes 18 total shots with the one nock, and it's still working great.

mauser06 09-18-2009 08:45 PM

Rob, you talking about the original "tracer nock" activated by magnet?? i wanna say they sold out or something last year..??

maybe the new ones arent the same??

i have/had some of the "smart tracers"...i loved them...they worked great for me...i just ruined them all by shooting groups....normally if i shot groups at 40+ i dont have to worry all too much...but put a lighted nock to focus on and i'll hit it once in a while lol...

never got around to replacing the broken housing and nocks...never thought that i might not be able to now anyways......

but never had a problem with them...heck, 75% or more of the time they came on when i didnt have a magnet on my riser!

Rhody Hunter 09-19-2009 06:59 AM

I tried the laser eye nocks and have one on an arrow now. Works every time for me
i'm happy with the quality. but with that said i went and found the info to make them so i made a couple. they work just as well but for only like 3.00 each it cost me in material for the trill lights. easy to make and would recomend it to anyone that is frugal and likes to tinker with thier equipment

kwaldeier 09-19-2009 02:05 PM

i personally dont like them...my friend got one and i liked it...i got one and the brown piece that goes into the arrow broke off when i tried to pull it out to turn the light off...pulled it in half essentailly....took it back to wally world and tried another one...same thing...if i could turn it off without breaking it i would love it....being a new bow hunter, being able to see where my arrow went is a HUGE plus....:s5:

bigtim6656 09-19-2009 05:53 PM

GOOD TO HEAR. I am getting ready to buy a dozen carbon express arrows plus i want atleast a couple lighted nocks. Freebis would be nice.