Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Wonder if the welder will keep it in the tree >

Wonder if the welder will keep it in the tree

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wonder if the welder will keep it in the tree

Old 09-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Wonder if the welder will keep it in the tree

I have been trying to find the best way to keep my stand in the tree all togather this year. First thought was cable the ladder togather then cable it to the stand. But even cables can be cut. Then i thought weld the ladder togather. I am taking a welding class this semester at college. One issue is if i weld the ladder togather there will be no taking it apart. I have came up with two ideas. Or both. Use bolts and nut inplace of the c clips then weld the nut to the bolt. If need be i can cut the bolt not the tube of the ladder. Then i thought take a piece of 1/8th or 1/4 inch scrap steel run it from one rung to another and weld it togather. then all i need to do is cut the steel piece in half after season ends with a torch no big deal. Or do both 2times the welds 2times the trouple to cut the welds to remove the stand. What do you think. When i bought the next two seasons ago i carryed it in stand one trip ladder the next. Last year it all went in as one peice. I did not have any trouble getting it in the woods in one piece with two people so i think i am ok there. SO what do you think? Will 1/8 or 1/4 be enough to stop someone from cutting it in the woods. Or am i going about it the wrong way. If i do it i will set it up as one peice weld the ladder togather at each section then weld the ladder to the stand so where talking 6 1/8 2 or 3 inch wide piece of steel and then the 6 bolts that would need to be cut to take the stand down.
Now this is all ok as long as the cable holds to the tree. Which it did last year when they stole my ladder.