Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
My First Fletch Job! >

My First Fletch Job!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My First Fletch Job!

Old 09-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default My First Fletch Job!

Decided to do my own fletching this year and picked up a Bohning right helical jig and some Easton quick set glue. I can't believe how easy it is, now i find myself wanting to strip off the new vanes/wraps and try another color combo. I got my wraps and vanes at Bass Pro, so the selection was very slim. I hate looking like a Nugent wanna be with the zebra stripes but that's the best they had. Anyways... just thought i would share.
Attached Thumbnails My First Fletch Job!-arrows-1.jpg   My First Fletch Job!-arrows-2.jpg  
Old 09-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

Great Job!

I am thinking about trying to do my own as well.

Wayne
Old 09-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks great! Did you have any trouble with getting those blazers to set with the helical?
Old 09-16-2009, 11:46 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by wallhangr
Looks great! Did you have any trouble with getting those blazers to set with the helical?
nope it was pretty simple. I did have to redo one arrow because when i went to attach the clamp to the magnetic strip it wasn't sitting flush and i didn't realize it until the glue was already dry.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good to know, thanks for posting.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

Looks great! My only advice is to buy the stripping tool from Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc. It's a little expensive but well worth it in my opinion. Have fun!
Old 09-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

Looks great. I did mine this year with all white quickspins and white wraps.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Dominant Buck

You did a good job. Isnt it nice just taking care of busness and not haveing to wait on others.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by burniegoeasily
You did a good job. Isnt it nice just taking care of busness and not haveing to wait on others.

It's very nice and kind of therapeutic if i say so myself. I find myself slowing learning the skills and acquiring the tools to soon eliminate pro shops all together.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by dstubb
It's very nice and kind of therapeutic if i say so myself. I find myself slowing learning the skills and acquiring the tools to soon eliminate pro shops all together.
Way to go. I understand what you mean about it being therapeutic. I am a bowyer and I can easly get lost in the shop bulilding custom bows. Yesterday I had a crap day, so I went to my shop and pulled out a longbow that is in the works. Within an hour, all worries were gone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.