Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Ya want a new bow, but can't justify it, >

Ya want a new bow, but can't justify it,

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ya want a new bow, but can't justify it,

Old 09-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ya want a new bow, but can't justify it,

SO, you really like the bow you have and you've killed several critters with it. It's not the fastest bow for sure, but it feels good and you shoot it good. The bow is only about 8 years old, BUT you do kind of pay attention to the latest and greatest, ya might even be kind of window shoppin' hopin' to find a good deal on an upgrade, but at the time ya just can't justify gettin' rid of something that simply works and works good. Here's what ya do, run over the bow in the middle of elk season!! That'll justify a new bow in a heart beat. That's what I did this past Sat. Yip, got back to my truck from a morning of elk hunting and layed my bow along the passenger side of my truck, along with my pack with intent of putting the bow behind the seat and the pack on the passenger seat/side with plans of moving my camp/truck down about a mile to meat up with some huntin' buddys for the rest of the weekend. Went around the back of my truck to find my keys and to arrange the stuff in the back for the bumpy ride and loaded my block target. I've got my cot along with other stuff under my topper and that's my camp on wheels. Well, found my keys, got things arranged for the move, went around to the drivers side of the truck, hopped in, and drove off. Got to the other camp and no one was around, so I got my block out of the back of the truck, went to get my bow to shoot, and it wasn't there. Crap!! Left it laying over there at my other spot. No biggy. Drove over there with a tingly little thought that I MIGHT have/COULD have run over it, but not thinking that I did. Got there, and yes indeed, ran over it with the front tire. Ran over the top limb, top of the quiver, cable rollers, etc. Didn't hit it square. CRAP!! SO, with two more weeks of elk season, and the best part to come, off to town to the nearest archery dealer and a piece of plastic later, got a brand spankin' new bow. Sighted it in for 20 at the dealers range, back to camp and got'er sighted in upto 40 and back out huntin' in the evening.
SO, if ya want a new bow, but just can't justify it because 'ol reliable is still workin' for ya, here's an idea. Could even tell your significant other that you "accidently" ran over it!! It'll only hurt your feelings when the credit card bill comes. SO far, my new ride is feeling pretty good.
Just for the record, my old bow was the Mathews Legacy and after drawing the DXT, the Drenelin, the Reezen 6.5 and the Monstor, I went with the Drenelin. It just felt most like my old ride.

Last edited by Howler; 09-14-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

Wow that sucks!

Good luck with your new bow. Hopefully you will be able to break it in soon.

Wayne
Old 09-15-2009, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks man, glad you got a new bow setup and ready to go. Good luck this season!
Old 09-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was surprised to have the archery tech. at the bow shop tell me that I wasn' the first to come in who had done this. What a relief, some other dumba$$ out there just like me!!
After just a couple of days with my new bow, I'm feeling pretty confident with it already!
Old 09-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

LOL

Congrats!