Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

quickfletch???

Old 09-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Spike

Default quickfletch???

has anyone had any luck with these? i just bought a set and getting ready to put em on. sounds like it should be good, just dip em in some boiling water and go shoot.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Spike

dip in boiling water 8-15 seconds work great
Old 09-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Typical Buck

they are great to have in the pack when on a trip, otherwise, use wraps and fletching, ect.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Spike

i was using 4" fletchings and i was told the 2" work better. so i just got done installing and shooting the 2" ones and it seems to be better. my 20yard pin is now my 30 and my 30 is now a 40, not sure what causes that but i am happy with it.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

I was also interested in these. I talked to a guy at the local bow shop and he said they were really only good for "quick field fixes".. Then again he makes money from fletching arrows so id expect him to say that.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

I bought some to fix an arrow last year and the one I used worked great. Bought five more arrows this year and used the other five, only problem I had was when I split the nock on another arrow and destroyed the whole thing. Other than that, they've worked great and haven't given me any trouble. Just dip them slowly or they'll crease. The white is also good to help find your arrows, kind of like a wrap.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Watch out when you shoot them through animals. I used them on two different kills and they completely pull off inside the animal and make it very hard to find your arrow with a pass-thru shot. I took the rest of them off and put wraps and fletching on. I was also thinking that it could help stop the bleeding by clogging the entrance hole. Just my expirience with them.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the heads up on that one. I haven't shot anything with one yet, so that'll be something to look out for.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Spike

Great for quick fixes...as for coming off inside of an animail I will deal w/that when the time comes.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought they pretty well sucked. Your gonna be better off buying a jig and fletching your arrows.