Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Why am i inconsistent... >

Why am i inconsistent...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why am i inconsistent...

Old 09-14-2009, 09:08 PM
byg
Spike

Tfox /drock are you saying if I concentrate on the target,let my pin float to target and if I release, even if the pin is off, I will still return to the the point I was aiming at? I tend to try and hold on the target. I am pretty consistent, but I tried this today and it does help. Can you eleborate alittle more
Old 09-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

When floating a pin on the spot,it has a tendancy to come back to center.When trying to force a pin in the middle of the spot,the only place it has to go is away from the center,so subsequently,the arrow misses the spot when trying to force it to the middle but when letting it float,more often than not,the arrow finds the middle.

That is, of course,you are executing a good surprise release.

One phrase we have tossed around here is trust the float.I still have to tell myself,LET IT FLOAT in my head when shooting.

Last edited by TFOX; 09-16-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:49 PM
byg
Spike

Thanks for explaining that