HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Did some bh testing today! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/303445-did-some-bh-testing-today.html)

drockw 09-12-2009 11:05 AM

Did some bh testing today!

Well, me and dad and a buddy did a bit of shooting today. After a bit of bickering between me and dad about bh's and tuning etc, I decided to go ahead and do a little bit of testing.

My bow that im shooting right now is not bh tuned. Just a little walk back tune with field tips. Im shooting some of my indoor aluminums right now b/c im waiting on my hunting arrows to get here so they are just temporary which is why im not gonna bh tune them...

Anyways... said I bet if I shoot my fp group, a rage, and a muzzy 4 blade, the muzzy will impact way off. That is where the argument sparked.

anways, for your viewing purposes... the results... no big surprise.

Btw, no real point or argument to this "test". Just some pics really.
40 yds. rage and muzzy have black fletchings. rage isnt a practice head. Its a real one. all I do is use a dental rubber band right in the center of the blades. There is no o-ring on it at all and they fly, and open just fine.

Derek

bigbulls 09-12-2009 03:53 PM

I think that is pretty much a given. If I were to detune my bow and shoot arrows with low profile target fletchings most any fixed blade broadhead would veer off.

drockw 09-13-2009 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by bigbulls (Post 3438773)
I think that is pretty much a given. If I were to detune my bow and shoot arrows with low profile target fletchings most any fixed blade broadhead would veer off.

Exactly. That was kinda my point, although there was really no point to the thread except for, no fbh is gonna fly to an untuned bow even if your fp's are grouping well.

killzonearchery 09-13-2009 07:55 AM

good shots but i recomend carbon

MeanV2 09-13-2009 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by drockw (Post 3439221)
Exactly. That was kinda my point, although there was really no point to the thread except for, no fbh is gonna fly to an untuned bow even if your fp's are grouping well.

Some fixed blades are more forgiving of a slightly off tune bow, but then I know you are aware of that:s4:

Dan

TFOX 09-13-2009 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by MeanV2 (Post 3439346)
Some fixed blades are more forgiving of a slightly off tune bow, but then I know you are aware of that:s4:

Dan

AND some won't fly worth a darn out of a perfectly tuned setup.:s12:

MeanV2 09-13-2009 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by TFOX (Post 3439391)
AND some won't fly worth a darn out of a perfectly tuned setup.:s12:

Amen!!

Dan

drockw 09-13-2009 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by killzonearchery (Post 3439288)
good shots but i recomend carbon

I shoot carbon for everything but indoor target. No particular reason other than that I can get monsterous(large diameter) aluminum shafts for relatively cheap for indoors and they are most likely more consistent than the expensive carbons...

They shoot fine though, so why do you recommend carbon? not being argumentative, but please enlighten me. Always looking for more sides of the story:happy0001:

drockw 09-13-2009 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by MeanV2 (Post 3439346)

Dan

Oh yes! I wasnt shooting the muzzy just b/c:wink:

I still say the grizz trick out of my XF6 flew better than any other fbh that ive ever used. It was just one of those things I guess. It was perfect for that setup! And that was at 328fps with a 375gr. arrow!

Looking at where my rest is set now(inset towards the riser) I imagine I could bring that muzzy in pretty tight if i tried, but like I said, I really have no desire to being that I am using the rage on these, and they are flying... well... good enough for the woods:D