Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
My first ever opening day deer!!! >

My first ever opening day deer!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My first ever opening day deer!!!

Old 09-12-2009, 06:13 AM
Typical Buck

Default My first ever opening day deer!!!

For the first time since I have been hunting I have finaly took a deer on opening day I know hes not the biggest yall have seen but im pretty proud of him as this is the biggest I have yet to shoot. I sat in the stand 30-45 minutes this morning befor he came out. Seen a doe about 5 minutes befor he came out was gonna shoot her but im glad I couldnt see her to get a shot off or I wouldnt have gotten him. I had to shoot him in the throat he came out and stood right in front of me looking around then looked straight at me kinda like the look they give ya right befor they go to run so I couldnt get a broadside shot, he dropped right in his tracks didnt run a foot but I lost an arrow it got stuck in his back bone and while he was kicking and flopping around he broke it.
Attached Thumbnails My first ever opening day deer!!!-s5002035.jpg   My first ever opening day deer!!!-s5002037.jpg   My first ever opening day deer!!!-s5002039.jpg  
Old 09-12-2009, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

That's a great buck in my opinion! Bigger than mine,lol. Congrats.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:17 AM
Banned

Congrdulations!!!! Man and on your opening day!
Old 09-12-2009, 06:18 AM
Typical Buck

Congratulations! On a nice S. Ga. buck.

Dan
Old 09-12-2009, 06:30 AM
Typical Buck

congrats!! a very nice deer!... i have never shot a deer on opener, but today is the opener...so hopfully that can change!!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats, and enjoy those back straps
Old 09-12-2009, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks everyone I went out there thinking it was gonna be like every other year go out and watch the squirrles and turkeys and the little birds but that wasnt the case. Now I gotta get some prices from a few taxidermists and see what they will charge to mount it, I know there is bigger out where I hunt at but this is my first nice buck so hes going on the wall.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on you opening day biggest buck.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! Very nice buck.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Southern Buck
Thanks everyone I went out there thinking it was gonna be like every other year go out and watch the squirrles and turkeys and the little birds but that wasnt the case. Now I gotta get some prices from a few taxidermists and see what they will charge to mount it, I know there is bigger out where I hunt at but this is my first nice buck so hes going on the wall.
Hey, it doesn't matter what size he is. He's your trophy, so mount him if you want to....who cares if there are bigger ones out there. Put him on the wall!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.