Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Home from Wyoming, My Story >

Home from Wyoming, My Story

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Home from Wyoming, My Story

Old 09-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awsome pics Rob! Congrats to all who got a speed goat.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

a great read, and conrats on the fine animals!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Typical Buck

Great story telling as always Rob. Thanks for the great pics and taking us all with you to relive it.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:24 AM
Typical Buck

Looks like you guys had a great time...and of course created some great memories..
Old 09-12-2009, 04:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats Rob! I Love going out west!!

This year it will be December before I make it.

Dan
Old 09-12-2009, 05:00 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats to everyone who went sounds like an awsome time, I felt like i was there. Lets see the video rob!
Old 09-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

drockw, thanks. When it was the hottest, it was the best hunting. If your miserable in the blind, your chances go up. If your comfortable LOL, so are the Pronghorn.

Wakecow, thank you. That's what it's all about.

Bailsuk, thank you as well. Wait til you see the video.

BUCKMARK, jerseyhunter, dyb3and88, thanks guys.

twildasin, Tim, thanks brother for the pillow and the great time. Thank your Mrs as well and I hope she didn't feel too bad the next day. I shouldn't bought her so many LOL. Looking forward to our Oct hunt as well. Thanks my friend.

thehairlessone!, Thanks Rick.

crokit, thanks man. This outfitter (Doug Miller Outfitter) is highly recommended, particularly for archery Pronghorn. He does everything he can to get you on an animal. The blinds do concern the Pronghorn, as well as mule deer but like anything, they get accustomed to them as they are put out plenty early. Also, the NEED for water also concerns them. They look at them, skirt them and keep the blinds in mind. My animal came in once and stared and stared at the blind and moved off, he then came back when the does came in. Interesting to say the least.

BPBowhunter, Thanks Brian! Thanks for the texts and call too!

Muliefever, thanks and I can only imagine. I definitely left part of me back in the west. Amazing place.

130woodman, Walleyefever, thanks so much guys. I'm glad you enjoyed them/it.

Brett/IL, Thanks Brett! I appreciate you saying that. I can't say enough good about Doug Miller Outfitters but I suspected that as I was turned on to them from Matt / PA and Kidd642 (Frank). They had such a good time the first time they were there. I've also watched this particular outfitter on the Outdoor Channel however, regardless of all the celebs that hunted there, Doug prefers just regular Joes like you and I and loves to fill tags.

DowningAir, Pops423, not 243 LOL, thank you both so very much.

Planter, major rush it was! I missed my loop the first time I tried to connect my release to it. Talk about a rush of nervousness when that happened! I loved that feeling and I hope it never goes away. Thanks.

Thanks YooperMike, shawneeslinger and mfd1027. Thanks for sharing in the story with me.

LOL Centauri 1, I bought the little Yatzee game last year prior to my IL hunt knowing I'd be sitting dark to dark. It does help and thanks for the congrats.

Thanks BOWHUNTER818,
Were you able to capture any good footage of the Kill??
Just wait until you see the video. I'm working on it and will try to get it uploaded ASAP. I got the "kill" perfectly.

Western MA Hunter, thanks !!!!!!

Greg / MO, thanks for making camp so enjoyable and congratulations on your giant P&Y Pronghorn as well. I'm looking forward to more of the pictures you got captured from that great camera. Not that I could shoot and watch at the same time but I'm envious of what you guys got to watch from the "observation" stand. LOL Thanks Greg.

sr77, thanks so much. I picked a pedestal wall mount similar to the one that Matt / PA posted of his a couple years back. As far as the book, I'm torn. We'll have to wait the drying period and have him officially measured for that. Time will tell. I'll have to see what my taxi thinks when as that time comes.

Wheatly, thanks bud.

MATHEWS PA BOWHUNTER, Thanks Chris. I appreciate the kind words and I do love to share the experience. I'm not always sure how it will come across so I appreciate the feed back. The memories will last a lifetime. Wait til you see the video!

JeffB, you should have seen how pretty the Bowtechs were all hanging side by side on the camp, 7 of them. And then the Bowtech trailer rolled in for tech support.

Bernie P., TheMiz54, thank you guys.

HuntingBry, thanks bud. It was a great trip with some great guys. That's all one could ask for. One thing needs said, everyone should get to share a camp with Frank (Kidd642), your guaranteed a good time LMAO.

BvrHunter, thanks man. I'm glad you enjoyed the story, that means a lot to me. Two thumbs up!

Hunt4Life23, thanks as well. They weren't all record book animals, some were but one thing is sure, they were all trophies. Thanks again.

Kidd642, Frank, Frank, Frank. Who's getting too old. Billy wasn't my guide. Doug was. And it must be the photographers, as the pictures you took of me and my goat are fantastic! Thank you for that. Also, thank you for the time in camp, nothing could have been better without you. Definitely a barrel of laughs. To everyone, if you ever get a chance to spend time in camp with Kidd here, DO IT. You will certainly laugh alot BUT you better be able to take getting your nuts busted! LMAO. And Frank, I'll send ya the pictures of the does watering but genius, you could just right click it and save it.

PABuck_HNTR, thanks Doug, and your right, let's hope the boys fill their tags. We'll be eating good next NE GTG.

WV Hunter, thanks, and thanks for reading.

Diesel77, Andy thank you so very much. I appreciate the kind words. It was easy to right as it was so much fun and amazing to live. The words flowed from me and to be honest, I could have kept going. It (the forum) didn't allow me to keep it all under one post. Hell I could have kept writing as I know I left out some great adventures.

mbhutton, it was a blast, thanks man and thanks MOhunter46, blakefrautschi and RattleSnake1. Toby, thanks for sharing the adventure through texts and the call as well.

elkhuntinut, thanks Rob and good luck to you guys an your trip to N Mexico. Bring home the elk so we can have a banquet come the NE GTG. I pray your mom is safe and you return to some great news etc.. Like I said in our texts etc. My heart is out to you and yours.

MeanV, Dan sorry you couldn't make this particularly one. Missed ya out there and we'll meet in another hunt, event, etc... Good luck in Dec and all your ventures. Thanks for the order and helping me set up a friend.

Bowman4440, thanks and I'm working on the video. I hate to keep pluggin it and not that it's mine but it's way cool!
Old 09-12-2009, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ROB/PABOWYER: If you don't have carpal tunnel after that last post, you'll never get it!

Great reports and story! Looking forward to the video. Kick me a PM so I don't miss it!

Last edited by crokit; 09-12-2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

excellent read and awesome pictures.. Sounds like a VERY memorable trip
Old 09-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Rob Congrats to you and everyone that went. That was a very good hunt, for everyone to connect. The pics are awesome, even getting in a few mulies pics. That country looks beautiful. One of these days, it'll be me. Did they get more pics of you in your Pond Dwelling with Pronghorns all around? BTW Great story too. Really made me feel like I was there. Wish I had been.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.