Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
'09 pronghorn pics! >

'09 pronghorn pics!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

'09 pronghorn pics!

Old 09-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

those are all really nice pronghorn
Old 09-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Greg, I am surprised that with a 95%harvest rate, they have so few trophy photos on their website. Heck, everyone who harvests ends up on ours.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome pics! Congrats to you both!
Old 09-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by deerdust
Greg, I am surprised that with a 95%harvest rate, they have so few trophy photos on their website. Heck, everyone who harvests ends up on ours.
Deerdust,

Doug hasn't updated that site in years; he's just a good ol' boy who is fanatical about taking care of his guests and providing them with an exceptional experience, and he's not too much into all the technology side of it all...

Having said that though, I remembered something else that I was just impressed as all getout about that he did for us:

Once our goats were down, he pulled out a VERY nice Canon DSLR camera with an equally nice lens, a bottle of Windex and a box of cleaning towels. He took the time to diligently clean up our animals for us, position us and our animal so as to get the best picture possible, and then took his time and snapped plenty of them. He was extremely patient as our buddies also snapped a bunch after we were in position, and never once did he even LOOK like he wanted the photo session to hurry up and end.

Before we left, he burned EVERYONE'S pics to a CD and gave us a disc full of the whole camp's hunts, as well as our own special 8x10 glossy with a matted frame with his outfitter's name embossed on it. He also pulled out sleeves of different-colored baseball caps with an antelope and his business name embroidered on it and allowed us to choose one of our liking... I can't say it enough: I was VERY impressed at his classiness and generosity.

Anyway... believe me when I tell you he's got the trophy photos; they literally WALLPAPER the inside of the lodge, and he's got photo album after photo album lying around inside for anyone who wants to peruse through previous years' hunts. He's also got several 80" + goats hung on the wall to go along with a few nice muleys that came from a few hundred yards away from his front door.

He just doesn't get into the whole internet thing, and he's never really had to worry about advertising (he's never advertised ONCE) as he makes sure his clients are THAT happy that they recommend him without reservation.

Just like me.

Last edited by Greg / MO; 09-13-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

Nice P-Horns
Old 09-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on a Nice Goat Greg!

Dan
Old 09-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Well I am just about sold on it. Gonna see if the boss will spring for a managers hunt after season ends this year.Kudos to you guys for having a good hunt and suggesting them. I will talk to you more about it later. Price and such.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

That is a great picture for sure. Congrats!
Old 09-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go on the speed goats Greg and Rob. Sounds like ya had a blast.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Spike

sweet speed goats and incredible pics!