Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Fixed Broadheads >

Fixed Broadheads

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fixed Broadheads

Old 09-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

Magnus Stingers work great for me. They are the only fixed blade I've shot so far that group right on top of my field points.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Could be something wrong with the bow, or your release, the wrong arrow, or even bad heads.

4 problems I've had are bad heads, inconsistent arrows, bad cam on bow, poor release. Without question bad arrows have been the number one reason. I can take one and pretty much bore a hole through a back stop, change to another arrow and the impact point will change.

Just got a work it out to the best of your ability. With everything that's against the shooter it's no wonder confidence problems are so prevalent. It most likely ain't you.

Really need some kind of legal action in the hunting industry to force manufactures to sell what they claim if they wont do it voluntarily. The excuses are too many and too much for the top dollar we spend. For the money we should get "Which check needs wiping sir." Can't think of any other industry that charges top dollar that doesn't give a top effort.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

what kind of rest do you shoot
Old 09-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by zrexpilot
what kind of rest do you shoot
I shoot a whisker biscuit
Old 09-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought so. try a fall away rest, serious
Old 09-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thers no need to buy a fall away or buy new heads. Learn how broadhead tune you bow until fp's and bh's group together. Take a look at eastons tuning guide, it will explain how to do it.http://www.oregonsportsmans.com/foru...opic.php?t=133
If you still cant get them to group, you probably have a spine or clearance issues. Hope this helps.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

or get a drop away
Old 09-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

this is my first year with a bow so for what its worth i pratice with 5 arrows two of them have rage practice tips and they all hit the same group out to 40 yds probley further if i shot it
Old 09-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

i shoot through a hostage rest
Old 09-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Usually, if the bow is tuned right, BH and FP will fly pretty close to the same. I've noticed a big difference between the two if I was using straight fletching rather than helical fletching. It seems to make a difference to me, that's why I've always used helical fletching.

But arrows are expensive. The Slick Trick BH I tried shot just like my field points, so did the Muzzy three blade broadheads. Rage BH will give you the flight that you want, but I think they're over priced. I've used them before and they worked just fine. Modern mechanical BHs are a lot better than they used to be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.