Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Concealment question with Climbers >

Concealment question with Climbers

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Concealment question with Climbers

Old 09-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Spike

Default Concealment question with Climbers

Here is Southern WV the majority of the trees that we have are Oak, Maple, and Hickery with small Spruce pines, etc. There really aren't any big pine trees to get in with a climber. Someone suggested that I take my climber and get some old limbs from an old artificial christmas tree and attach those around the shooting rail of my climber to conceal me. Has anyone had any luck with this? It does make sense.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Spike

i use plastic leaves, limbs, etc. that i got from the arts and crafts section at walmart. they have wire coming out the "stems" that can easily be wrapped around the stand.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

Just climb high enough and buy some ultimate camo the deer will never see u
Old 09-10-2009, 03:32 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by TheMiz54
Just climb high enough and buy some ultimate camo the deer will never see u
The deer never see me in my red plad johnson hunting coat when I am twenty feet up.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oooops, my bad, misread the post, thought he was asking how to conceal his stand. Yeah what Miz said, try some UC.

http://www.ultimatecamo.com/

Originally Posted by concordmountaineer
Here is Southern WV the majority of the trees that we have are Oak, Maple, and Hickery with small Spruce pines, etc. There really aren't any big pine trees to get in with a climber. Someone suggested that I take my climber and get some old limbs from an old artificial christmas tree and attach those around the shooting rail of my climber to conceal me. Has anyone had any luck with this? It does make sense.

Last edited by Diesel77; 09-10-2009 at 04:07 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

my friends do that to almost all there stand, but i never have had to do that
Old 09-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

like the others said, climb high enough to get concealment and choose trees that offer it...

dont pick the telephone pole that doesnt have anything around it and its canopy is 40ft higher than you wanna climb...but pick trees that have a branch or some structure right about the level you wanna climb...and i like to pick trees that have other trees real close by...i actually hang my pack and most my gear from other trees when i can get so lucky...i really like to be covered all around..i even like a tree infront of me if i can get it close by...all i need is a few holes....i have trouble sitting VERY still...but i know ive been busted more on movement than scent...im starting to get wiser about picking trees...at first when i first started using a climber i wasnt comfortable having cover "might mess up a shot" blah blah...but learned that its better to have it...if you do it all right, that cover will be your best friend...

the background is critical IMO...if your silloetted your gunna get busted...you gotta blend in...squirrels, leaves, etc all move a little up there..just gotta have that back ground to break you up...and i like it behind/to the sides for those sneaky deer that sneak in from the sides or behind me...
Old 09-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

Smile

I cut a piece of 3D leafy camo cloth, tied strings around it, and tie it around the stand once I get settled in. I will be using this Saturday for the deer opener.

WARedBear
Attached Thumbnails Concealment question with Climbers-tree-stand.jpg  
Old 09-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Typical Buck

They make those "branch brackets" which clamp to yer stands platform. then they have a slot in them (kinda like a flag pole holder) to slide branches in.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Adding stuff just increases your profile...Go up 20-22 feet, wear good camo, stand up, position yourself 20 yards off the trail and they won't notice you...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.