Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Preparation for the hunt of my life...the Yukon >

Preparation for the hunt of my life...the Yukon

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Preparation for the hunt of my life...the Yukon

Old 09-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Preparation for the hunt of my life...the Yukon

Alright guys, I leave in three days for a moose hunt in the Yukon with a bow. I'm super pumped but didn't know if there was any last minute advice from anyone, i know this probably needs to be in the big game section, but you guys are my peeps. Also, has anyone every used Nikwax to waterproof their hunting clothes and if so, was there any odor left to the clothing??

It's suppose to be wet and cold. A far cry from Ky this time of year. Thanks in advance.

Kelly
Old 09-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

my advice would be in real good shape becuase everyone ive talked to that has hunted up there ran out of breath cause they were not in shape
Old 09-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good advice. Kind of hard to pull that one off at this point, but luckily, I got that one covered. Been working all summer.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont believe the rumor that the bears are more afraid of you that you are of them. Make sure you can outrun your guide. And if you cant. Poke him in the leg then out run him. Good Luck, I dont have any serious tips just wanted to wish you good luck!

Ryan.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Banned

I will be watching for your return hunt story. I am planning an Alaskan moose hunt next year, so I know your excitement!! Good luck!!
Old 09-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Site Buck Guru

Good luck! That sure will be a hunt of a life time.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never Hunted up there have seen them on TV but never hunted, All i know i be prepared to shoot in those tall reads at a moose..

But all i wanted to do is Wish you luck buddy..will be awaiting the story when you return.

-NICK
Old 09-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck kelly for sure! Be safe up there..
Old 09-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

I had a friend of mine and myself have used Nixwax in yrs prior and it works great if you have poly clothing (my friend) I happened to have cotton and if you are going into wet conditions you dont want that especially with the "wax" cuz you will end up feeling you had just went thru a car wash So good luck out there and post ur kill!
Old 09-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Biggest moose in the world where you're going. Best of luck to you up there. Are you going with anybody? Oh, don't forget the Grabber hand warmers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.