Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
I'm not the praying kind..but for those who are >

I'm not the praying kind..but for those who are

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm not the praying kind..but for those who are

Old 09-08-2009, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'm not the praying kind..but for those who are

Please send some my buddy Dave's way

A few weeks back Dave drove himself to the ER after shortness of breath and chest pain and was diagnosed with pericarditis-an inflammation/infection of the the muscles surounding the heart. This generally is something that clears up in couple weeks.

Unfortunately, I found out last night that his condition has worsened considerably and he has been admitted to the hospital with mass fluid around his heart, pneumonia, a colon infection, as well as other secondary problems/infections. His condition is very serious. The Doctors are at a loss currently for the cause of it all.

He is only 38 years old, was in perfect health and physical condition, and has a wife and twin 2 year old girls-one of whom has been diagnosed recently with chronic arthritis in her joints -something she will battle her entire life, and has made life difficult enough as is for Dave and his wife.

He's the best hunting buddy I've ever had, and when I was back home in VA we were attached at the hip living/breathing bowhunting and archery for many years. His wife as well is like a sister to me. Both are genuinely some of the nicest, good hearted people you could ever know, and I'm feeling really helpless several hundred miles away and unable to be there for them.

Thanks for listening.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

Prayers sent buddy!!! From one Va hunter to another....sorry to here about your friends condition...hang in there
Old 09-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

consider it done! god bless you as well
Old 09-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

you got it, my friend ....
Old 09-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

I prayed and will again soon for him, his wife and kids, and for his doctors to be blessed with some insight to help get him through this and back to being even better than he was before.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

prayers sent
Old 09-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

No problem man...and you don't have to be the praying kind already to become the praying kind! If you are feeling helpless, it may likely help you more than anhything else, as well as them. You don't even have to know what to say...check out Romans 8:26...talk about comforting!
Old 09-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will keep your friend in my thoughts.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Prayers sent, Hope for a speedy recovery..

-Nick
Old 09-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bible_Man
No problem man...and you don't have to be the praying kind already to become the praying kind! If you are feeling helpless, it may likely help you more than anhything else, as well as them. You don't even have to know what to say...check out Romans 8:26...talk about comforting!
Well said BM.

Also, a verse that has comforted me is Phil. 1:6.

Prayers sent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.