Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Wisconsin Opening Weekend. Not looking Good >

Wisconsin Opening Weekend. Not looking Good

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wisconsin Opening Weekend. Not looking Good

Old 09-08-2009, 03:20 AM
  #1  
Giant Nontypical
Thread Starter
 
wis_bow_huntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nekoosa Wi USA
Posts: 6,066
Default Wisconsin Opening Weekend. Not looking Good

Well the extended forecast is showing identical to last years opening weekend... RAIN!!!! Maybe we will get lucky this year and it wont be nearly as bad as it was last year. If it is. Im going to say were going to be in for the same weather as last year. Its going to stay warm, then late October is going to be cold, then early Nov its going to warm up again, Im predicting 3 days in Nov to be in the 70s. then its going to drop dramaticly and stay cold the rest of the year. And I mean COLD!
wis_bow_huntr is offline  
Old 09-08-2009, 04:29 AM
  #2  
Typical Buck
 
blakefrautschi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Middleton, Wisconsin
Posts: 979
Default

hopefully it rains earlier on in the week..like today or tomorrow...or even friday..but hopefully not saturday or sunday! but our food plots need a little rain!
blakefrautschi is offline  
Old 09-08-2009, 04:48 AM
  #3  
Fork Horn
 
Northport buckslayr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northport, WI
Posts: 185
Default

I saw that this morning to. Hopefully it will be a light drizzle and and not all out pour. Kind of sucks, but ya cant do anything about it!
Northport buckslayr is offline  
Old 09-08-2009, 05:01 PM
  #4  
Spike
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 21
Default

Too far out to predict the weather now. I don't trust what they are saying until the night before. Hell is a little rain really going to stop you guys from doing something you have been waiting for for 9 months... not me.
goatman6 is offline  
Old 09-08-2009, 05:47 PM
  #5  
Nontypical Buck
 
wisbowhunter2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northern Wisconsin
Posts: 1,161
Default

If it was a light shower it wouldnt bother me, i have ground blinds in some good spots so that wont matter, but def. not anything like last year!
wisbowhunter2009 is offline  
Old 09-08-2009, 05:48 PM
  #6  
Fork Horn
 
appleater25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 222
Default

40% chance in the south central...hopin' for the 60% goodness!
appleater25 is offline  
Old 09-08-2009, 06:45 PM
  #7  
Typical Buck
 
sportsman22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NE & Western Wisconsin
Posts: 540
Default

I will be doing the Good Hunting Weather Dance every night at midnight this week if anyone wants to join me.
sportsman22 is offline  
Old 09-09-2009, 03:09 AM
  #8  
Giant Nontypical
Thread Starter
 
wis_bow_huntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nekoosa Wi USA
Posts: 6,066
Default

Im with you on that one.....:groupwa ve:

Originally Posted by sportsman22 View Post
I will be doing the Good Hunting Weather Dance every night at midnight this week if anyone wants to join me.
wis_bow_huntr is offline  
Old 09-09-2009, 05:28 AM
  #9  
Nontypical Buck
 
wihunter402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Southern WI
Posts: 1,766
Default

Originally Posted by sportsman22 View Post
I will be doing the Good Hunting Weather Dance every night at midnight this week if anyone wants to join me.
Let the dancing begin. I'll be out no matter what this weekend. Just have to hunt a little different if it is raining.
wihunter402 is offline  
Old 09-09-2009, 08:39 AM
  #10  
Fork Horn
 
appleater25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 222
Default

Originally Posted by wihunter402 View Post
Let the dancing begin. I'll be out no matter what this weekend. Just have to hunt a little different if it is raining.
Someone needs to carbo load after all they dancing they did because the South Central just got changed to 76 and sunny, more clear skies on Sunday too!!!
appleater25 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.