Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Fun hunt with my best friend.  And pics! >

Fun hunt with my best friend. And pics!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fun hunt with my best friend. And pics!

Old 09-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats, ur the first ive seen us a colored bow 4 hunting
Old 09-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats, I assume you guys were on the kentucky side of the river? Just wondering becuase your sig says you work in evansville.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rookie51
Congrats, I assume you guys were on the kentucky side of the river? Just wondering becuase your sig says you work in evansville.
Yeah I was on KY property, but I do work and go to school in Evansville,IN, but I live in KY

Derek

Last edited by drockw; 09-08-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by killzonearchery
congrats, ur the first ive seen us a colored bow 4 hunting
Ive been waiting for someone to say it.

That was my bow, but he kinda addopted it and i figured id give it to him for cheap since he cant really afford a new rig right now and he works hard etc. and is just that kinda guy.

I was planning on killing something with it, just to spite the people who are camo beaters. People also say blue is the color deer can see best.

The deer was on him for 15 minutes before he decided to take her and she never said a word about his mis-matched camo or target color bow

Derek
Old 09-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HuntingBry
That's a great hunt and you didn't even make it to the stand. LOL. Congrats to your buddy on the doe.
I was hot to say the least at first after trecking around trying to find my spot. But once I found out he shot a deer, I was just as pumped as he was for the rest of the night.

Derek
Old 09-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont think you could have cleaned that deer up much better for the pictures! hahaha Great story and good hunt.

Ryan.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by my7pointmonster
I dont think you could have cleaned that deer up much better for the pictures! hahaha Great story and good hunt.

Ryan.
No doubt. Since we hunt the river, we typically gut em on the bank, and then tie a rope from the front clip of the boat to the deer and drag it underwater in the river a bit. Gets all the blood/guts out of them and makes it a bit less messy when dressing them out(i.e, a whole lot less blood/usually none). Hunting with me/us is definately not your ordinary day to day hunt but its always interesting

Derek
Old 09-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Typical Buck

haha great story, and congrats to your friend on the doe!
Old 09-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Site Buck Guru

Congrats to both! Great story.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like it! I'll have to remember that for when i get one close to a body of water. Thats a good tip.

Ryan.

Originally Posted by drockw
No doubt. Since we hunt the river, we typically gut em on the bank, and then tie a rope from the front clip of the boat to the deer and drag it underwater in the river a bit. Gets all the blood/guts out of them and makes it a bit less messy when dressing them out(i.e, a whole lot less blood/usually none). Hunting with me/us is definately not your ordinary day to day hunt but its always interesting

Derek

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.