HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Fun hunt with my best friend. And pics! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/302924-fun-hunt-my-best-friend-pics.html)

killzonearchery 09-08-2009 11:28 AM

congrats, ur the first ive seen us a colored bow 4 hunting

rookie51 09-08-2009 02:03 PM

Congrats, I assume you guys were on the kentucky side of the river? Just wondering becuase your sig says you work in evansville.

drockw 09-08-2009 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by rookie51 (Post 3434016)
Congrats, I assume you guys were on the kentucky side of the river? Just wondering becuase your sig says you work in evansville.

Yeah I was on KY property, but I do work and go to school in Evansville,IN, but I live in KY

Derek

drockw 09-08-2009 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by killzonearchery (Post 3433845)
congrats, ur the first ive seen us a colored bow 4 hunting

Ive been waiting for someone to say it.

That was my bow, but he kinda addopted it and i figured id give it to him for cheap since he cant really afford a new rig right now and he works hard etc. and is just that kinda guy.

I was planning on killing something with it, just to spite the people who are camo beaters:devil:. People also say blue is the color deer can see best.

The deer was on him for 15 minutes before he decided to take her and she never said a word about his mis-matched camo or target color bow:cool2:

Derek

drockw 09-08-2009 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by HuntingBry (Post 3433669)
That's a great hunt and you didn't even make it to the stand. LOL. Congrats to your buddy on the doe.

I was hot:mad1: to say the least at first after trecking around trying to find my spot. But once I found out he shot a deer, I was just as pumped as he was for the rest of the night.

Derek

my7pointmonster 09-08-2009 02:54 PM

I dont think you could have cleaned that deer up much better for the pictures! hahaha Great story and good hunt.

Ryan.

drockw 09-08-2009 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by my7pointmonster (Post 3434087)
I dont think you could have cleaned that deer up much better for the pictures! hahaha Great story and good hunt.

Ryan.

No doubt. Since we hunt the river, we typically gut em on the bank, and then tie a rope from the front clip of the boat to the deer and drag it underwater in the river a bit. Gets all the blood/guts out of them and makes it a bit less messy when dressing them out(i.e, a whole lot less blood/usually none). Hunting with me/us is definately not your ordinary day to day hunt but its always interesting:s2:

Derek

blakefrautschi 09-08-2009 03:24 PM

haha great story, and congrats to your friend on the doe!

GregH 09-08-2009 03:56 PM

Congrats to both! Great story.

my7pointmonster 09-08-2009 04:29 PM

Sounds like it! I'll have to remember that for when i get one close to a body of water. Thats a good tip.

Ryan.

Originally Posted by drockw (Post 3434099)
No doubt. Since we hunt the river, we typically gut em on the bank, and then tie a rope from the front clip of the boat to the deer and drag it underwater in the river a bit. Gets all the blood/guts out of them and makes it a bit less messy when dressing them out(i.e, a whole lot less blood/usually none). Hunting with me/us is definately not your ordinary day to day hunt but its always interesting:s2:

Derek