Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Wind and Kansas? >

Wind and Kansas?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wind and Kansas?

Old 09-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Spike

Default Wind and Kansas?

Got a general question for anyone that has hunted or lives in Kansas. I am going this Nov and wondered how tough or steady in mph the wind may be the 2 week of Nov on average, and my next question is I use a fixed blades, G5 and Magnus, and was wondering how much wind will play into shot execution. Dont have much wind in the deep south of MS to tend or practice in like I see on hunting shows in Kansas. I am confident out to 45yds now. Will the wind make that much of a difference on a 40yd shot? Are there any calculators out there in the web world to help me estimate this ahead of time? Thanks for any help and good luck this season.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Huntdoc,

The wind can blow fairly brisk anytime of year in KS. I've hunted first week of Nov for the past six years. I've seen 10-15 to 30-40 MPH winds. I shoot G5 Strikers and and have seen as much as 6 inch movement from 30 yards. Best advice, shoot some practice shots everyday. Try to practice a few days before in high winds at home if possible. You more than likely will have to feel you way through it. I am not aware of any calculation that will help with such conditions, simply practice in them when the opportunity arises. It's not overwhelming as you may think. Best of luck.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Spike

Thanks for info Kelly/KY. Have a great season.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, you never know about the wind here...some mornings, it will be just beautiful, and then by afternoon, you'll be seasick in your tree....it varies all the time....lol