Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bad habit...is it okay to do while bowhunting? >

Bad habit...is it okay to do while bowhunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad habit...is it okay to do while bowhunting?

Old 09-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by supaflav
Try the Camel Snus. It's like a bandit, but you don't have to spit. I got off the Copenhagen last spring & have gone to this exclusively. It takes a little getting use to, but I love the convenience of the stuff.
Yup!! thats my treestand Cure. And mint helps cover the mouth breath as far as i am concerned! I like the Triumph stuff better though
Old 09-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Spike

I chew Lancaster all the time on stand while bowhunting and spit it right down to the ground. I always keep a bottle to spit in whenever the leaves are loud below my stand and the spit makes noise when it hits but when i can spit and hit the base of the tree etc., where it doesn't make sound then that's what i do. When i get down from hunting i'll sometimes pour some water on it if i have some to spare. I have killed six bucks over the years and was chewing every time! Had plenty of does around me through the years as well as other bucks that i didn't kill. Maybe if i quit i'd see more deer! Maybe not. I'm not worried about it based upon the amount of deer i see every season.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by RedStag86
Any of yall dip out there?

Anyone do it while bowhunting?

I know that vanilla is a scent used in a lot of attractants, so maybe if you can spit really quietly, it wouldn't be so bad to put a pinch of something like skoal vanilla in?

thoughts?

(no need for health consequence lecture, I understand cancer is a good possibility down the line...)
I've got 15 cans of Vanilla Skoal sitting on the shelf now, it's all I dip. I dip in the stand and spit right off the side, had deer directly under me and they weren't bothered by it.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Spike

I'm usually a cope snuff guy, never actually tried the vanilla. Just figured that the snuff didn't have the most "natural smell", and figured vanilla would spur curiosity rather than scare em off.

Maybe it has a benefit? ha
Old 09-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Kreagerm
Man if they made dip that was made out of c'mere deer, you would be set
Let's get the ball rolling on this!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Spike

I dont worry about cause I use Swedish Snus. It's spitless and less harmful because its not fermented, but pasturized instead. You can order it online. Swedish Snus is what gave Camel the idea to make what they're making. Camel is nowhere near the real thing.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by victoryredchevy
I dont worry about cause I use Swedish Snus. It's spitless and less harmful because its not fermented, but pasturized instead. You can order it online. Swedish Snus is what gave Camel the idea to make what they're making. Camel is nowhere near the real thing.
I tried the Camel stuff, it's almost too sweet. The real issue I had with it is that tobacco eats your gums and softens the enamel on your teeth...do I really want that sitting in my stomach? Nah, I'll stick with my Skoal.