Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bad habit...is it okay to do while bowhunting? >

Bad habit...is it okay to do while bowhunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad habit...is it okay to do while bowhunting?

Old 09-06-2009, 03:36 AM
Spike

Default Bad habit...is it okay to do while bowhunting?

Any of yall dip out there?

Anyone do it while bowhunting?

I know that vanilla is a scent used in a lot of attractants, so maybe if you can spit really quietly, it wouldn't be so bad to put a pinch of something like skoal vanilla in?

thoughts?

(no need for health consequence lecture, I understand cancer is a good possibility down the line...)
Old 09-06-2009, 03:57 AM
Fork Horn

Ask youself this and you may have your answer. How many times have you seen a deer with dip in thier mouth?
Old 09-06-2009, 04:32 AM
Typical Buck

I used to dip Copenhagen and I never spit on the ground, I had a soda bottle attached to one of those retractable pin-on lanyards and attached that to the left armpit of my shirt- this enabled me to keep the bottle close to my face and reduced movement when reaching for it, yet out of the way when shooting. I loved my Cope but have given it up 6 months ago, the test will be this season when sitting in a stand for hours on end without it. Think of it this way...If you wouldn't pee out of your stand why would spit out of it, the majority of our odor comes from our mouth.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:43 AM
Dominant Buck

I never have....but I'd pee out of my stand and not worry about it.....lol.

That said....I dip (have one in, now). But I don't dip on stand. "I" think our mouths are probably the MOST overlooked origin of human scent. I use DDW mouth spray and gum-o-flage (and I play the wind, every hunt).

I'm not terribly anal (any more than most serious bowhunters) RE: scent control), but I do pay a lot of attention to oral scent control.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:01 AM
Typical Buck

Man if they made dip that was made out of c'mere deer, you would be set
Old 09-06-2009, 06:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have always dipped, but I never did spit (taste too good to spit out) but I quit dipping a month ago after dipping over twenty years.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

Try the Camel Snus. It's like a bandit, but you don't have to spit. I got off the Copenhagen last spring & have gone to this exclusively. It takes a little getting use to, but I love the convenience of the stuff.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nope I think its disgusting. Real bad for your health too.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

I do but i do somethin similiar to 4evrhtn my stand has some leafy stuff around it and i spit straight thru a crack in the stand to the ground. for an experiment i spit continuously near one of my gamecams and deer licked it. but it might be different other places.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to chew tobacco. For some reason whenever I hunted I wanted to put one in on the ride to the spot, or even sometimes while on stand. Over the years I have majorly reduced the amount of chew I use. In fact I haven't chewed tobacco in months. But....once the hunting season rolls around, I know I will be tempted to put in a Levi Garrett on the ride to and from hunting. I have stopped using it while in the stand. For some reason the outdoors pull on my desires to chew. I am going to try and stay strong this year and do without it. Or.....ahhhhh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.