Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Question on arrows >

Question on arrows

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question on arrows

Old 09-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default Question on arrows

So i was kind of disappointed. My buddy has been trying to get me to switch to blazer vanes so i got some new arrows with the blazers. I shot all evening the other day and i could not get them to fly worth a crap out of my bow and i also couldnt get them to pattern worth a dang. So i went back to my other arrows with regular vanes it didnt take long and i had them shooting perfect and had them grouping awesome. Could anyone tell me the issue i could be having with the other arrows. Theyre the same arrows just different vanes. Im shooting 60#
Old 09-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

What rest? Assuming all else stayed the same, it certainly could be fletching contact. A little lipstick on the vanes will show contact if you're getting any.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

i have a HHA drop away
Old 09-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

check for cable clearence. Blazers are a little taller than regular vanes.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

i think i may just stick with the regular vane arrows since it is so close to season and i dont want to take a chance on wounding a deer cause my equipment wasnt working properly. But i didnt know is shooting the blazer how much more spped i would gain or if it would even make much of a difference.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are they the exact same arrows? Same spine/length/wt?

Since the rest isn't an issue, could there be contact w/cables?
Old 09-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

Same exact arrows just different vanes. Theyre the Beaman ICS hunter 400.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Must be a clearance issue with the cables then, unless there is a problem with the way they were put on - or you just got a bad bunch of arrows.

Last edited by wallhangr; 09-04-2009 at 12:01 PM. Reason: addition
Old 09-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

Im going to shoot them out of my mathews and see if they fly good and pattern good. If they dont im just going to have them re fletched and see if that helps. If not ill try and contact the company. Just dont want to go through that headache unless i have to.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't like them at all and don't understand the love affair except for one reason, they are short which would be beneficial to someone with a short brace and a speed bow. Still I'd only use them if the fetch hit the rest before it dropped.

High profile and a very stiff vane. Not for me. Just for fun and giggles imagine a fletch like balloons on the end of your arrow. Blazers are like that, big and bulky requiring a huge window to go through.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.