Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
practicing frequency >

practicing frequency

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

practicing frequency

Old 09-03-2009, 02:23 PM
bigcountry

I have been shooting 6 arrows every morning for a while now. Just got a new zipper recurve and trying to see which arrows I like best, and want to shoot fresh.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Spike

I love shooting my bow, no way would I not shoot throughout the year and then pick my bow up a few weeks before season. My practice routine is at least 3-4 times a week, and I shoot year round. I'd shoot my bow 7 days a week 365 days a year if my job and family obligations would allow me too. Shooting a bow is fun, I don't do it just because I need to get ready for hunting season...I do it because I love to shoot.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

If I didn't go with a whole new arrow setup this year, I wouldn't have really shot that much.
I have 2 weeks to my elk hunt, I've been taking 1-3 shots, mostly every night. NO reason to do more than that.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rybohunter
If I didn't go with a whole new arrow setup this year, I wouldn't have really shot that much.
I have 2 weeks to my elk hunt, I've been taking 1-3 shots, mostly every night. NO reason to do more than that.

Be the arrow!
Old 09-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Having been involved in archery and bowhunting for 36 years I would have to say that for at least the last 20 years I take about 20 shots a year for hunting practice. That is just to check the tune of my equipment and how well my broadhead tipped arrows fly.

The other 10,000 shots each year are because I like shooting; shooting targets and 3D. There is no way to really practice hunting. Hunting and shooting are not the same thing. I never have to practice shooting for hunting because my mind and body are never out of tune in the first place.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

For the most part, I shoot everyday beginning Jan. 1 and stop shooting Dec. 31. A spectator I am not...
Old 09-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry
For the most part, I shoot everyday beginning Jan. 1 and stop shooting Dec. 31. A spectator I am not...
I'm like Will, I love to shoot my Bows!
Old 09-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SwampCollie
I shoot pretty much everyday year round.

And I still suck.... haha....
Same here lol! I could pick up the bow just before season and be fine hunting im sure, but I love shooting. Its a hobby, not just a hunting tool for me.

Derek
Old 09-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BGfisher
Having been involved in archery and bowhunting for 36 years I would have to say that for at least the last 20 years I take about 20 shots a year for hunting practice. That is just to check the tune of my equipment and how well my broadhead tipped arrows fly.

The other 10,000 shots each year are because I like shooting; shooting targets and 3D. There is no way to really practice hunting. Hunting and shooting are not the same thing. I never have to practice shooting for hunting because my mind and body are never out of tune in the first place.
Nice. i skipped over this somehow the first time through. I feel and do the exact same way as you do. I shoot out of the multiple stands in my backyard before season to make sure my mechanics(in extreme angles) are good and I can shoot from the tree like I can from the ground...

Derek
Old 09-04-2009, 04:24 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm not a hardcore, though I do enjoy shooting. I shoot sporadically throughout the year when it's warm out, mostly to check my accuracy. Since I shoot a sights free trad bow it sometimes surprises me how much I retain, my first shot is nearly always within a couple of inches of where I aim. Sometimes I'll hang Daisy™ Shatterblast™ discs on the target to shoot at for focus, the bright orange color makes it easy to zone in on, and the small size is challenging to hit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.