Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Archery + Squirrels = FUN!!!!! >

Archery + Squirrels = FUN!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Archery + Squirrels = FUN!!!!!

Old 08-31-2009, 07:07 PM
Spike

Default Archery + Squirrels = FUN!!!!!

A short film with some archery squirrel hunts!!!!!

ENJOY

SQUIRRELAPALOOZA

The DVD trailer is middle of the page

and

SQUIRRELLAPALOOZA is all the way at the bottom!!!

Last edited by Hinkelmonster; 08-31-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

The link isn't working for me.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:22 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by dstubb
The link isn't working for me.
Sorry try it now!

or click here

http://www.teamoverkill.net/id2.html
Old 08-31-2009, 10:50 PM
Fork Horn

Actually shooting squirrels gives you awesome practice shooting in a real hunting situation, and it is tons of fun. Do you think they are rednecks cause they hunt squirrels? A lot of people hunt and eat squirrel around here. I don't think you should assume they are not eating them.
BTW, I carry extra arrows with cheap fixed broadheads. Old muzzy's and montecs or whatever I have laying around. I wouldn't be shooting your actual hunting heads and arrows at them like they are doing in the video. Just make sure you take a good look around for deer before you shoot. I didn't miss any that I shot at last year, but I only take shots I know I can make.
and oh yea I do eat them and im not a redneck... well maybe a little redneck.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing wrong with that at all. Great practice in the off season or if you want to take a break from deer. I always carry one arrow with a crap head for small game or yotes or what not.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:35 AM
Spike

Looks like a bunch of Rednecks pointlessly killing for the sake of killing. I'm hoping the squirrels were at least eaten.
Rednecks??? We'll maybe a little bit, but hey who on here can't say at least that!!!!

Pointlessly? Actually it's some of the best practice available......we're shooting broadheads on are good deer arrows? So just about every shot you see is about $20.00......
They were in season and it don't get much better than squirrel pot pie!!!!

Originally Posted by JoeyG
Actually shooting squirrels gives you awesome practice shooting in a real hunting situation, and it is tons of fun. Do you think they are rednecks cause they hunt squirrels? A lot of people hunt and eat squirrel around here. I don't think you should assume they are not eating them.
BTW, I carry extra arrows with cheap fixed broadheads. Old muzzy's and montecs or whatever I have laying around. I wouldn't be shooting your actual hunting heads and arrows at them like they are doing in the video. Just make sure you take a good look around for deer before you shoot. I didn't miss any that I shot at last year, but I only take shots I know I can make.
and oh yea I do eat them and im not a redneck... well maybe a little redneck.
Exactly!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good stuff and good shooting!! Back in the day squirrel season was a big part of hunting season, but now less and less people actually target squirrels compared to the old days.

I always think about shooting them with arrows, but I worry Im going to scare deer if any are close. Bravo guys, good to see you having fun, and good practice. This looks like a great way to practice shooting, videoing, and easy meals while doing some squirrel control.

Some spots I hunt there are so many squirrels I cant head deer coming in, gets to be a bit frustrating, but its my fault, I havent hunted squirrels on any of my properties, in the last 10 years probably. Shame on me.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

I think its awesome, me and my dad and cousin starting doing this years ago for practice and because A good battered and fried squirel leg is Deeeeelicious
Old 09-01-2009, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey man, if you enjoy what and how youre hunting with your friends, are hunting legally, AND getting some good eats then Im then Im all for it.

Come out and KILL some of the over populated squirrels on my properties, most of the time I cant hear dear coming in, just waaaay to many, and Im guilty of not taking advantage of squirrel season. I also understand everyone has opinions. Some are against shooting bears over bait, shooting crop damage preggies, shooting animals over water holes, shooting fenced hunts or canned hunts, etc, but we all have choices, and we choose what we like to do.

I highly doubt they hit 50 squirels in that video lol, if they did then I appolagize but they arent that good

No... i think they are rednecks because they look and sound like rednecks, lol. I highly doubt that they ate all 50 of the squirrels shot in that video. If you were planning on eating a squirrel, would really want to shoot it with a rage 2 blade? I personally find it wrong to shoot and kill for target practice, that's what 3D targets are for.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:11 AM
bigcountry

You boys have too much money for all those arrows.

I like using long bow with blunts and flu-flus.

Whats the matter dstubb, don't you like eating squirrel?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.