Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bear Lights Out

Old 08-31-2009, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bear Lights Out

Just purchased 2 Bear Lights out bows this evening for my son and myself. At a price that was hard to pass up 275.00 brand new 2009. Any thoughts on this bow, everything I read so far on reviews was all good.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:58 PM
Spike

IMO you got a great deal on a nice shooting bow. I bought a Lights Out last year and really like it. It's hard to beat for the money and has been a very accurate and forgiving bow. The compact size and light weight is nice as well. I am very satisfied with it. I hope you guys like yours.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:12 PM
Fork Horn

Absolutely LOVE mine! It's my first bow I bought in January and couldn't ask for anything more. Mine's a 2008 but the only thing is that I would make sure you use a peep sight with a tube because the string will continue to creep. I shoot often and mine still is a little bit. The size is a HUGE advantage in ground blinds and walking through the woods. I'm shooting at about 55lbs with a 28 inch draw and shoot at 235fps just as a benchmark of what type of numbers you might see.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

You got an awesome deal. The lights out was my second choice for a new bow this year but got the Stinger. You wont be sorry with the lights out. Awesome shooting bow and very comfortable, quiet and fast. All you need in a bow at a great price! have fun, now post pics, youre in violation of man rules.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:27 AM
Spike

I've had one for a year now and love it. It shoots sweet and in my opinion there is very little hand shock.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

We sell a bunch of these at the shop for beginners or those on a strict budget. For the money it's a neat little bow (too short A2A for me, but I digress). They tune up easy, are super quiet, and shoot well.

The only issue is the stock string/cable are really bad (which is almost always a problem with lower priced bows). They pretty much require a rubber tubing peep as they constantly twist, and creep significantly. I've measured strings and cables that are just a few weeks old that are 2 inches longer than when new. I'd highly reccomend upgrading the string/cable to those who own them.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

they are real good bows for the price.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks everybody, got up this morning and the boy is so anxious about this bow and so am I. Look forward to letting you folks know how it's going with them.

kevanddj
Old 09-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

Well, got the bows Thursday and went to the archery shop this morning with my son DJ and these bows are fantastic Quick and Quiet. First time ever using carbon arrows, this set up is great. Owned a Martin before and don't have one thing bad to say about it, its just my Martin was 17 yrs old and never had trouble. Thought I'd give Bear a try. I hope it holds up like my Martin did. My son is just tickled to death, you could not imagine the smile on his face. He's itching to get in the woods to stick one. Good Luck to all this Hunting Season go get'em.

kev and dj
Old 09-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by natimage
I would make sure you use a peep sight with a tube because the string will continue to creep.
if that is the case with your set up, your peep was served in incorrectly. not a problem to fix!! i recommend the g5 meta peep. no tube is one less thing to worry about! happy hunting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.