Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Sight/Vision issues - damn Im getting old!! >

Sight/Vision issues - damn Im getting old!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sight/Vision issues - damn Im getting old!!

Old 08-31-2009, 03:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sight/Vision issues - damn Im getting old!!

Man it sure stinks getting old. Last year, at only 43 years old I, realized I needed to start using reading glasses. No big deal, more of an inconvenience, picked some up at CVS. Now, this year at 44, when Im shooting Im noticing my pin is starting to look blurry. No problem, try looking through the reading glasses and pin jumps right out nice and clear, but now the target is blurry!!! Anyone else go through this vision problem? I went to get eyes checked a few months ago and didnt need prescription glasses.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Andy:

Send me your address via PM. I've got something to send you....and it'll take care of this. Rob/PA and I went through the exact same thing. I'm gonna send you a verifier peep kit. It's a simple solution. I have no use for it, anymore.....lol.

Save you $60, too!
Old 08-31-2009, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Diesel77;
I have alot of guys that come into the bow shop with the same problem as you and this solution has worked for most.
You might want to take a look at a Super Ball Peep with a Verifier Lense added to it.
It is made by www.specialtyarch.com.
The Super Ball Peep is threaded on the inside to accept different size aperatures to be screwed inside of it. The Verifier is a aperature with a lense in it that will bring your pins into focus while not blurring the target.
You will need to find just the right one since they are made in different powers just like reading glasses are.
Hope this helps ya
Old 08-31-2009, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great look what I got to look forward to! I know one thing I looked threw Rob's verifyer and MAN was it CLEAR!!
Old 08-31-2009, 05:04 AM
Typical Buck

I am planning on getting my eyes checked this week. I've been shooting quite a lot and just not consistent as I'd like to be.(gotta blame it on something while the wife is watching) I am 34 and had my eyes checked about 5 years ago. I use a computer quite a bit at work and was having trouble with the lines running together. Doc said I had "lazy eyes" and glasses may help some but he did not recommend them. I think I will give them a try now though.
Good luck with yours
Chris
Old 08-31-2009, 05:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Andy....

The one LF describes is the one I have. It has the purple aperture (weakest). Trust me.....you'll love it....and you can't beat the price.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

I've never heard of this before, but may have to check it out. At least I don't feel so alone anymore!
Old 08-31-2009, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Diesel...I hate to break it to you, but this is just the beginning...

Frankly, growing up in the 60s and 70s, I'm just glad to still be here...

How's the hearing??? Do you have the crickets in your ears yet???
Old 08-31-2009, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man it sure stinks getting old. Last year, at only 43 years old I, realized I needed to start using reading glasses. No big deal, more of an inconvenience, picked some up at CVS. Now, this year at 44, when Im shooting Im noticing my pin is starting to look blurry.
Yes i am starting to have the same problem.

I turned 44 this past aug-18, I have been shooting a few times now when i noticed that when i look through my peep that the pin becomes blurry at time.
I guess its time to have my eys checked.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
Diesel...I hate to break it to you, but this is just the beginning...

Frankly, growing up in the 60s and 70s, I'm just glad to still be here...

How's the hearing??? Do you have the crickets in your ears yet???

Yep-crickets and a high pitch whine here too. As for glasses I'm on tri-focals now.....wonder if they make quadfocals ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.